5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Bighorn 1500 ,code p0456

Dart270

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram with 18000 miles on it. About 6 weeks ago I replaced the battery and put in the H8 battery. Gast tank was about full at the time. Week and a half later, Gas gauge around 1/3 tank with 200 miles showing left on tank. Start truck and the check engine light comes on . Have it checked and code P0456, small EVAP leak. Cleaned fuel inlet and disconnected battery after reading about it online. Filled truck back up. I get down to about 200 miles on tank and same code pops up again. First question is any of this still covered under warranty? I have read a lot of post about this and never finding anything wrong. I am thinking about changing the EVAP valve solenoid. Any ideas?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Some emissions parts have a government mandated longer warranty. The only way to find out if it's a covered repair, is having it fixed by a dealer. If it's not one of the mandated parts, you are way out of warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread