5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Big Horn... regret not getting Laramie

nate5532

Reaction score
Title says it all - I just bought an awesome 2019 Big Horn crew cab with 22k miles this past Wednesdayfor just under $42k. It has the level 2 equipment group and 20" wheels, looks very sharp and drives awesome!

I drove some other big horns in similar price range, but it lacked some of the technology and wheels, so I pulled the trigger.

The model I purchased had tow mirrors, and I assumed it had power folding mirrors (since the 2 lesser models I drove had it), but alas, it does not. I figured it would be cheap/easy to replace these, but was shocked to see that it would be a $1400 option from infotainment. I also wish it had blind spot monitoring. My old vehicle (a sedan) didn't have any of this extra stuff, so I didn't know that I would miss it until after I drove it around a bit.

How bad would I lose my *** if I try to upgrade to a used Laramie? There are some around here for between 46-48k. I thought some of these options would be cheap to add on, but I was waaay wrong. The power mirror and blind spot mirrors along (along with the required LED taillights) would put me right at the range of a Laramie, would have some additional features, and I wouldn't have to tear into the truck.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can always try go back to the dealer and tell him what you wrote here, if you're within 7 days or whatever they might be inclined to trade you up at no cost.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Title says it all - I just bought an awesome 2019 Big Horn crew cab with 22k miles this past Wednesdayfor just under $42k. It has the level 2 equipment group and 20" wheels, looks very sharp and drives awesome!

I drove some other big horns in similar price range, but it lacked some of the technology and wheels, so I pulled the trigger.

The model I purchased had tow mirrors, and I assumed it had power folding mirrors (since the 2 lesser models I drove had it), but alas, it does not. I figured it would be cheap/easy to replace these, but was shocked to see that it would be a $1400 option from infotainment. I also wish it had blind spot monitoring. My old vehicle (a sedan) didn't have any of this extra stuff, so I didn't know that I would miss it until after I drove it around a bit.

How bad would I lose my *** if I try to upgrade to a used Laramie? There are some around here for between 46-48k. I thought some of these options would be cheap to add on, but I was waaay wrong. The power mirror and blind spot mirrors along (along with the required LED taillights) would put me right at the range of a Laramie, would have some additional features, and I wouldn't have to tear into the truck.

Just be careful looking at laramies with tow mirrors as well. Until the 2021 model year for 1500s, tow mirrors takes away power fold and 360 camera in any trim level. I can't remember for sure about BSM with them prior to 2021, but if you care about the power fold that much or 360 camera and are sticking to 2019s, stay away from the tow mirrors.

Users who are viewing this thread