5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 big horn off road level?

J_Wylie03

Reaction score
New member, first post. Just picked up a 2019 big horn with the off road package and the heavy duty towing package. I’m wanting to level the truck but I’m having trouble finding a kit to level the truck without spending quite a bit. I’ve used Rough Country in the past and had good luck but it says their strut spacers aren’t to be used with the off road package. They do offer lifted struts tho. What are some other options without dropping $$ ? I don’t want to go extreme, just big enough for 34-35” tires.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can fit those tires with the RC 2” struts. I’ve had them for 10k miles and am very happy with them so far

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New member, first post. Just picked up a 2019 big horn with the off road package and the heavy duty towing package. I’m wanting to level the truck but I’m having trouble finding a kit to level the truck without spending quite a bit. I’ve used Rough Country in the past and had good luck but it says their strut spacers aren’t to be used with the off road package. They do offer lifted struts tho. What are some other options without dropping $$ ? I don’t want to go extreme, just big enough for 34-35” tires.
Bilsteins, or Eibach is the way to go. Can't really go too much less in price and you will have the best suspension you can get for the money. They are far superior to RC and are the same price.

J_Wylie03

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. Could someone tell me why you can’t use strut spacers with the off road package?

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Bilsteins, or Eibach is the way to go. Can't really go too much less in price and you will have the best suspension you can get for the money. They are far superior to RC and are the same price.
This. 👆

Stay away from spacers dude. Its the cheap mickey mouse way of doing it. Be patient, save your money and do it the right way. Spending all this money on a truck to put hockey pucks on your suspension makes no sense to me. Some will argue "ive had it and its been good for a while" and the same amount of people equal to that will say, its great, then come back a year or two later complaining something messed up or is wrong/weird feeling/sounding or ride quality is crap. At that point youll get an answer something like... "You bought the cheapest lift money can buy and your wondering why your truck is messed up/doing that, i wounder why" .... quoted btw. Ive seen it countless times. Want to take that 50/50 gamble? If you insist just be sure you know why your buying and take it with a grain of salt. Go with Bilsteins or Eibach level.

mattee

Reaction score
The reason you can't use spacers on an off road package truck (or a rebel) is they come from the factory with a 1" raised ride height. If you add 2" spacers which is what they all seem to be you're essentially raising the truck a total of 3" from original. this causes clearance issues with the upper control arm hitting the coil spring during normal suspension travel causing a clunking sound. Don't listen to anyone who says it won't happened....it will. my truck was a year old when I bought it and the original owner installed Motofab 2" spacers which are good quality but my control arm did contact the coil spring. It even broke off the plastic edge of the control arm:( If I jacked up the truck to work on it, the upper control arm would actually get hung up on the coil spring and not go to full droop so I ended up removing them. If you want to level your truck with an off road package you need to use adjustable struts and I agree with H20MAN above...Bilstein adjustable struts are the way to go. You can choose your ride height in 1/2" increments and it even says in the directions not to use the 2 highest settings on rebels or off road trucks. I'm going to install Bilstein's on my truck this summer. you may also want to consider new upper control arms to correct the angle on the ball joint. There are lots of good options including Ram factory ones that are used in the factory 2" suspension lift. They don't actually change the angle they just have more travel to compensate for the angle.

Last edited:

jusp69

Reaction score
I just came on to post my new photos of the Billsteins on notch 4 with stock orp and everything else. It's looks like it's sitting slightly nose high but I think it will settle.

Attachments

• 20240606_081031.jpg
    20240606_081031.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240605_120237.jpg
    20240605_120237.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 28

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
here I explained why you shouldn't use spacers or pucks to lift your truck.

Basic options:
Bilsteins 5100s with quality UCA of your choice. Not some $300 UCA from Amazon though.
Eibachs (same deal as Bilstein)

Intermediate options:
Ironman 4x4 FCP kit (comes with everything you'll need)
Carli Commuter Kit (comes with everything you'll need)

Top tier options:
Carli Performance Kit (comes with everything you'll need)
Fox 2.5 DSC (you'll need to find quality UCA and rear springs and other things, you can get all the components from Carli Performance Kit minus the front brake lines)
Thuren kings (same as Fox 2.5 DSC)

Notice some popular choices are not on the list, and that's not because I forgot about them. I don't recommend them because I've seen a few things with those as a tech building and fixing offroad and overlanding trucks, jeeps, and SUVs.

Users who are viewing this thread