5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Big Horn Level Issue

mjegge

Reaction score
Hello - has anyone else leveled a 2019 Big Horn Ram? Had mine done at dealer - before delivery - with a Ready Lift puck system (no Bilsteins available for the 2019 yet) and Falken AT3Ws in 275/65R20...the front rides like absolute garbage and "bounces" even on the smoothest of roads.

Bringing back to dealer next week as I love the truck, but hate driving it.

Wish the Bilstein 5100s were out for the 2019s (not sure what the hold-up is), but has anyone had any luck with other leveling systems on the 2019?

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello - has anyone else leveled a 2019 Big Horn Ram? Had mine done at dealer - before delivery - with a Ready Lift puck system (no Bilsteins available for the 2019 yet) and Falken AT3Ws in 275/65R20...the front rides like absolute garbage and "bounces" even on the smoothest of roads.

Bringing back to dealer next week as I love the truck, but hate driving it.

Wish the Bilstein 5100s were out for the 2019s (not sure what the hold-up is), but has anyone had any luck with other leveling systems on the 2019?
I used motofab. It's a top hat spacer. barley noticed a difference in the ride quality.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello - has anyone else leveled a 2019 Big Horn Ram?

NOPE! You're the very first! :eek:

This has been covered multiple times across the forums. Cruise around a little and you'll find what you're looking for.

Here's how it breaks down:

Pre-load spacers suck. They achieve lift by cramming your stock springs into a smaller space, pushing the wheels down away from the truck.

Top hat spacers go on top of the front strut assembly, so they achieve the same lift by pushing the wheels away from the truck, but they do not affect the spring rate, and therefore, will ride very close to stock.

Neither of these methods is really optimal, and each has their own pro's and con's, which has been, and is currently being, discussed across the forums in multiple threads.

Users who are viewing this thread