5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Big Horn brake pads!!

Deluxe123

Reaction score
I bought the 2019 5th generation I know you should never buy the first year but so what I bought it.
I'm at 109,000 Mi now, I've had my issues with the radio a couple of electrical problems but I'm still on the original brake pads🤣
The crazy thing is there's still a lot of pad left.
My previous truck was a 2014 1500, and they lasted around 90,000 miles and I'm not easy on my brakes whatsoever.
Has anyone ever had stock brakes last this long, it's crazy to me.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought the 2019 5th generation I know you should never buy the first year but so what I bought it.
I'm at 109,000 Mi now, I've had my issues with the radio a couple of electrical problems but I'm still on the original brake pads🤣
The crazy thing is there's still a lot of pad left.
My previous truck was a 2014 1500, and they lasted around 90,000 miles and I'm not easy on my brakes whatsoever.
Has anyone ever had stock brakes last this long, it's crazy to me.
I think I did my brakes around 165,000 on my 2014.....but..... that was about 4 months short of 4 years of ownership. I did a lot of driving in that truck - not a lot of stopping....

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My last couple RAM’s lasted till about 90,000 on the fronts and just over 100,000 on the rears. Only reason I changed the rears was because the parking brake shoes rusted out and had to replace. Rear pads had about 1/2 left yet but changed them anyway since I had it all apart.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope but I also don’t wait until pads are absolutely needed and usually switch them out for a better ceramic pad anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread