5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Big Horn ambient lighting question?

ljinnc

Reaction score
Is a 2019 Big Horn with level 1 equipment group supposed to have the LED ambient lighting in the door handles and

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What lighting are you referring to?

My Level 2 Big Horn does not have any lighting in/on the door handles (inside or out).

79 300

Reaction score
Ambient lighting in the Bighorn is just a small light in the overhead console that shines down on the console/cupholder area.

270wsmhunter

Reaction score
Ambient lighting in the Bighorn is just a small light in the overhead console that shines down on the console/cupholder area.

Thank goodness for LED lighting, who knew such a little thing was such a big deal. Could've prevented many a coffee spill on my shirt driving at night by knowing the orientation of the lid.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
After spending 15-20 minutes in my Lone Star / Big Horn one night, thinking the interior lighting adjuster must be broken, I finally figured out it's just the one light on mine; overhead console, shining down on the cup holder / front console area. How would I possibly know where my coffee cup was without that 'ambient' lighting. For those of you with more lights inside, good for you. Not a necessity for me, but nice to have.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought it was cheesy when I got the truck but it definitely helps me find stuff down in the lower console at night.

daze513

Reaction score
I have a level 2 and I have the lighting from the overhead console, and the two front footwells. If there is anywhere else it can have lighting I’d like to add it though!

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I have a level 2 and I have the lighting from the overhead console, and the two front footwells. If there is anywhere else it can have lighting I’d like to add it though!
Guess who will have to check their truck out tonight? I too have a Level 2, but I'm positive the two front footwells aren't part of the ambient lighting. Mine is just the overhead shining into the console. In fairness, that little light did help me locate a pen last night.

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
Well I found this old post about adding the factory like ambient lighting to my bighorn. I sent the op a message for further information. Looks tough but I'm determined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daze513

Reaction score
Maybe it has to do with having the premium lighting group on my big horn?

Really I’d like to just add the rear footwell lighting. Just to even out the with the fronts. Any one have any leads on how to do the rear only?

daze513

Reaction score
As a side note I went out to check out the ambient lighting I had aka footwell lights and they adjust in brightness with the single dial I have for the
Dash brightness.

I understand Laramie and up have a specific dial for it. But mi e is just one that controls both. Just info for anyone that is looking to retrofit. I’m looking for the rear footwells currently.

B.Ras

Reaction score
As a side note I went out to check out the ambient lighting I had aka footwell lights and they adjust in brightness with the single dial I have for the
Dash brightness.

I understand Laramie and up have a specific dial for it. But mi e is just one that controls both. Just info for anyone that is looking to retrofit. I’m looking for the rear footwells currently.

I have a 19 lone star that I would like to add lighting to the rear cab foot well area. I am looking for a blue light. Keep us updated if you find something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kolomari

Reaction score
Found this.. guess I'll be digging this weekend looking for the connectors

daze513

Reaction score
Well Guys, I haven't been able to find anything regarding the lights and plugs needed to add footwell lighting to the rear footwells of my Big Horn. To recap I have a 2020 Big Horn Night Edition, with Premium Lighting group, and my ambient lighting is above the center console, and in the driver and front passenger footwell. Both are dimmable with the single dial that lowers the dashboard illumination also.

So is there a chance anyone with a higher trim level can take a picture of what lights are used under the front seats to illuminate the rear foot wells? I doubt it requires much more than a simple light and plug. I've looked all around and cant find the OEM rear footwell lights.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll try to remember to look in my Laramie when it gets dark tonight, but I won't make any promises about remembering.

Users who are viewing this thread