5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Bed Light Kit Install Question

Jpmasta

Reaction score
HELLO ALL.
so I have read all the posts and comments on here and wanted to say nice job to all. these new rams suck *** as far as wiring goes and trying to get info from mopar or the dealer is like pulling teeth from an infant. after testing and testing and testing some more as most of you have 1500s and i have a 2500 some of the steps are the same some are not but i can say 100% that my lights work exactly like the factory installed all the way down to the amount of time to auto shutoff.
I have kit #82215795ab.
according to mopar this kit is not designed to work with the new 2500 and after 40 min of going round and round with the ahole from mopar all i wanted to do was rip his face off. especially since the dealerships are selling this kit and saying its for this model and the directions are for the 18 model. r&d has not come out with a schematic or kit for the 19 yet according to this clown. nuff said.

Thanks to agitated and hats off to you for finding the correct wire for the trigger in the c7 harness pin 21or whatever last hole in the small wiring on the right my kit uses the dk grn wire. yes it works for the 2500 also.

as for the tan wire i got tired of pulling connectors and testing circuits so i decided to go to the drivers kick panel harness and i pulled the cargo lamp assembly out from the back window and figured out the wh/brn wire turns hot when triggered. going back to the harness i found the same wire and piggy backed it. i did not remove any wires i piggy backed both of them. of course ground was done under the hood. i followed the directions all the way down to wiring it up is the only change i made. I am not convinced that wiring it this way that you would need to have the vehicle flashed at the dealer. I did have the sales code done to mine before I installed the lights only because it was free after the dealer fkd up something else and gave it to me for free so I am not sure if it needed to be flashed or not. I would say not but you judge that one....
to recap
ground under hood next to battery
tan wire to white/brown stripe drivers kick panel
dk grn wire to c7 plug pin last one small wire on right side look at agitateds pic
mine work 100%
doors trigger
dash trigger
bedlight switch turns on/off
auto shutoff after 8-10 min
remote unlock turns on
the tailgate never turned the lights on on the 2500..

i hope this helps somebody out.

2019 ram 2500 bighorn 4x4
5" lift fabtach
37" 12.5 x 20 mickey thompson atzp3
hardrock devious rims {20x10}
black tonneau cover
blackout emblems
2 sets mopar ram stirrup steps
Hey brother i would greatly apretiate If u post a video showing your install of the bed light kit on ur truck thank you in advance

Code2medic

Reaction score
I installed my poem lights in a 202 dt and it works fine with exception to the button not doing a dam thing. the lights go on from the cab or opening the door etc I did use alpha. I spent a few hours trying to figure it out and then said screw and never tried again.

swing4terps

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have a nighttime picture of the factory bed lights under a bed cover? I've seen a few mentions they aren't that bright. Trying to decide whether to go OEM or aftermarket.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ProKubinator

Reaction score
No new grounds. Use the same the original harness uses, the two "pigtail" harnesses come prepped with the grounding connector.
So I went from XB9 to XB9+LPL
Parts for my configuration (ram box + bed lights)
68312566AB​
Lift-Gate Lamp, Right​
68312567AB​
Lift-Gate Lamp, Left​
68359432AD​
Jumper Wiring, Left​
68359103AD​
Jumper Wiring, Right​

Sorry for the delayed response.
any idea which part numbers I would need to put the LED bed lights in for my truck without the rambox ?

ProKubinator

Reaction score
Thanks! It looks like the jumper harnesses for the 2019 models use a different part number than the 2020's. Not sure why.

I decided to locate a 2020 truck on autotrader that was equipped with the Bed Utility Group (which includes bed lights). I found one with the closest configuration to mine:

Then I looked up the jumper harnesses and tailgate lamps by that VIN - and the part #'s matched my research.

So I am going to move forward with ordering all 4 components and will report back once installed. Now I just need to find someone to add the sales code for me.
how did this end up working?

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
@ProKubinator the XB9 is for the Rambox or per sales code (Pickup Box W/Integrated Storage). So you would want your model/trim with LPL vs mine having XB9 and LPL

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
@ProKubinator the XB9 is for the Rambox or per sales code (Pickup Box W/Integrated Storage).
Does anyone happen to have a nighttime picture of the factory bed lights under a bed cover? I've seen a few mentions they aren't that bright. Trying to decide whether to go OEM or aftermarket.

Thanks in advance.
I enjoy mine, I can get you a pic over the next few days. I don't regret it.

Ayeskix

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can walk me through the Alfaobd setup to activate oem bed lights on my 22 trx. Installing this Friday. Much appreciated. TIA.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can walk me through the Alfaobd setup to activate oem bed lights on my 22 trx. Installing this Friday. Much appreciated. TIA.

If you read you don’t need alpha with certain installs. It’s a YouTube somewhere in here that explains it it’s not alpha it’s you thought to need to go to dealership to get it programmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
If your using the OEM setup that is on this thread vs the OEM kit, then it's fairly simple with AlphaOBD.
Laptop/desktop
Connect-select the appropriate MY-select BCM - go to the configuration/diagnostic tab - search for the setting (bed light) select enable / Yes.
Don't forget to save your configuration file.

jsimon26

Reaction score
No new grounds. Use the same the original harness uses, the two "pigtail" harnesses come prepped with the grounding connector.
So I went from XB9 to XB9+LPL
Parts for my configuration (ram box + bed lights)
68312566AB​
Lift-Gate Lamp, Right​
68312567AB​
Lift-Gate Lamp, Left​
68359432AD​
Jumper Wiring, Left​
68359103AD​
Jumper Wiring, Right​

Sorry for the delayed response.
Does anyone know if these part numbers for the jumper wirings hold true for the 22’s? This seems like a much better/cleaner install than the kit since I already have Alfa

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these part numbers for the jumper wirings hold true for the 22’s? This seems like a much better/cleaner install than the kit since I already have Alfa
Easiest way to verify is finding a truck with the VIN with these options and seeing if the part is applicable. Other option is to go to an online website and place your VIN with these part numbers and see if it will try to cross match. Some Mopar websites are better than other with this. 3rd Option is just going into the dealer and working with the parts guy.

Just a quick look, it says these parts are just for a 19. When you have it cross reference the 22 parts it looks like they have been updated. So you are probably going to have to research your own P/N. However, the application looks to be similar just skimming through the variation of P/N based on features of the truck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread