5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Air suspension leveling kit/lift

mrclarkinc

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

New to the forum, new to owning a ram. Have a 2019 limited, looking to put a lift or leveling kit on it, but all the local places say it can’t be done.

Have any of you done it on the 2019? Can you direct me to the right place?

Thanks!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The reason why I asked is several folks with Limited with air have had lifts installed.

mrclarkinc

Reaction score
The reason why I asked is several folks with Limited with air have had lifts installed.

Really? Man all these guys out here seem scared to try. Do you know of a kit I should look for? One place said he’s had issues w/ the RC lifts.

Never done a lift so i’m very much so a novice here.

Nickjansen

Reaction score
I’ve only driven it home from work on Sat. So far no noticeable difference in ride quality.
Any further comments since driving for a longer period? I am really curious how it will affect the ride.. like possibly much more sway over uneven road surfaces bouncing up & down/side to side, seat of the pants feel overall difference.. good, bad or completely unchanged. Much appreciate the response in advance!

Mabran350

Reaction score
4” BDS love it just installed.

Attachments

• C34BAA40-4935-4365-9464-823300530972.jpeg
    C34BAA40-4935-4365-9464-823300530972.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 48

TXECOD

Reaction score
Any further comments since driving for a longer period? I am really curious how it will affect the ride.. like possibly much more sway over uneven road surfaces bouncing up & down/side to side, seat of the pants feel overall difference.. good, bad or completely unchanged. Much appreciate the response in advance!
I'v got about 500 miles on it since the install. In my opinion, the ride is almost exactly the same as before the install. I went with 35x12.5R22 Ridge Grapplers. They are only available in "F" load in that size so I do feel a little difference from the stiffer sidewalls but nothing I would consider a negative experience. . As far a sway, I install Helwig sway bar before the lift, and installed their extended length adjustable links with the lift. The truck handles pretty much the same. I think the alignment has a lot to do with the ride over uneven surfaces. The 1st alignment I had was done by the guy that installed my lift. He was not very good at it and pretty much just set the toe. The truck went straight, but would wander on the highway, and suffered from mild bump steer. I had it re-aligned by my regular alignment tech and it is perfect now. No wandering, no bump steer.

Users who are viewing this thread