5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 5.7 Exhaust leak

wormycp

Reaction score
I have the all too common exhaust leak with my RAM. The dealer told me both manifolds are cracked. I can hear the passenger side but not the driver. I can also smell exhaust odor outside the truck. The dealer said it may be 6 months or more before the part comes in. Will this cause damage to my engine?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My last truck leaked for 8 years? Probably be ok. Better question would be if there is a superseded part #, or if you really want the old part #, or if it's in warranty, or you pay for something better out of pocket.

wormycp

Reaction score
My last truck leaked for 8 years? Probably be ok. Better question would be if there is a superseded part #, or if you really want the old part #, or if it's in warranty, or you pay for something better out of pocket.
Supposedly it is an updated kit..who knows if that is true or not. It is a warranty repair. If it was my dime i'd look for something else.

Users who are viewing this thread