5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 5.7 E torque 12v battery replacement

Snert

Reaction score
I have a 2019 new ram with the 5.7 e-torque set up.

The other day we had that blast of cold air and snow here in NEPA. Well next morning my truck would not start, all the signs of a dead battery.

I ended up on Christmas morning using my charger put on 40 amp quick charge for about 15 minutes. I was able to get it started, and it did set off the CEL. After a bit of driving and a few shut off and restarts, the CEL cleared.
Truck currently has 89,000 on the original factory battery.
Figured this was the sign to change the battery before I get left stranded.
Looking at the interstate battery for replacment. Local Napa has them and their batteries as well.

Big question, when I swap out the battery is there anything special to do before or after the swap?
Not sure if there is a specific procedure due to the e-torque system and all the other electronics.

Thank you in advance for any input

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There is nothing special. Just replace it like normal. It might take several hours for everything to come back. Like HVAC system and Uconnect settings.

Snert

Reaction score
Thank you for the info.
Will be swapping it out today with a interstate battery.
Happy new year to all, stay safe.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
Is it true then that you don't require the dealer to use their scanner to reset the IBS when replacing the truck with a new battery? Which is quiet $$$ with German cars (ask me how I know :( )

Users who are viewing this thread