5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019-2020 Bighorn owners with Duratracs - what PSI are you running?

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just switched to 275/60/20 Duratracs and love em. One size bigger than stock. However in another thread I was told that the door jamb PSI would not apply due to the slightly bigger size from 55 to 60... something about air volume in a bigger tire. There was also a website posted that showed how to come up with the proper PSI, along with recommendations on chalk tests, etc. I’m hearing all sorts of different advice. Currently I’m running around 37 PSI on mine. Curious what y’all are doing on yours and why.
thanks!

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Air them down 2-3psi and you'll be right where you need to be.
It'll mimic the same ride/handling characteristics as the stock tires at stock pressures. (Unless you went to a "E" rated tire, then all bets are off)

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Air them down 2-3psi and you'll be right where you need to be.
It'll mimic the same ride/handling characteristics as the stock tires at stock pressures. (Unless you went to a "E" rated tire, then all bets are off)

Thx, nah stayed with the P. Btw what does airing them down do to the gas mileage? And what would be the ramifications if I actually aired them UP a couple of PSI?

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thx, nah stayed with the P. Btw what does airing them down do to the gas mileage? And what would be the ramifications if I actually aired them UP a couple of PSI?
Airing them down a little makes them flex about the same as stock tire/stock pressure. If you kept the new, larger size '60' tires at the same psi as the '55's' you would have a slightly stiffer ride. The new tires will likely kill a little bit of MPG due to being a heavier tire (more unsprung weight), as well as having a slightly larger frontal area.
A benefit, since you have the 3.92 rear end, is that at highway speeds your RPM's will be a little lower. But make sure you either recalibrate your speedometer or just know that 70mph on your speedo will actually be 73mph in reality (and on a cops radar gun)

Users who are viewing this thread