5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 1500 reliability issues?

Boston

Reaction score
Ford 2.7 seems to be only one without a history of problems which hopefully are all in the past. Regardless of brand get the biggest fuel tank.
A23 gallon tank gets you nowhere when you are towing and is great to have

Bigtone

Reaction score
I had owned a 2019 Laramie. It had loose rear control arm suspension bolts, causing a creaking noise. Later, the radio started doing the 3 seconds on, 3 off and no backup camera. It later rebooted after the truck parked for an hour and cleared. Then a few weeks later the radio output got super distorted. It also cleared after being parked for an hour. It also had road noise due to the seal between box and cab not installed. Oh, and the dome light broke after 4 days of ownership. I attribute most of this to first year redesign.

Florida Ranger

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
Today i turned in my Tahoe back to the dealership after a year and a half legal battle with GM. Long story short i got a lemon and wanted to get rid of it.
So I'm in the market for a truck. Ive narrowed it down to the Ram 1500 Limited with the 5.7L eTorque or the Ford F150 with the twin turbo V6 (both for towing my travel trailer)
Everyone I talk to complains about the Ram's "reliability" saying that Chrysler Jeep Dodge has had nothing but reliability issues recently - So I thought i would come to the source and ask.
Anyone having issues with their 19? Or has anyone heard of any horror stories with the brand in general? Looking at the post histories got me some info, but nothin appvalley g directly associated with the 19.
Appreciate the help, and hope to join the Ram family soon.
The 3.5 Ecoboost will only get 5-7 mpg when towing anything heavier than 4,000 lbs. That is why I purchased a Ram 5.7 ,2020 Laramie.

DennisY

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
Today i turned in my Tahoe back to the dealership after a year and a half legal battle with GM. Long story short i got a lemon and wanted to get rid of it.
So I'm in the market for a truck. Ive narrowed it down to the Ram 1500 Limited with the 5.7L eTorque or the Ford F150 with the twin turbo V6 (both for towing my travel trailer)
Everyone I talk to complains about the Ram's "reliability" saying that Chrysler Jeep Dodge has had nothing but reliability issues recently - So I thought i would come to the source and ask.
Anyone having issues with their 19? Or has anyone heard of any horror stories with the brand in general? Looking at the post histories got me some info, but nothin appvalley g directly associated with the 19.
Appreciate the help, and hope to join the Ram family soon.

No issues here. 2019 Limited and loving it.

sessman

Reaction score
2019 Laramie here w/ 5.7 non etorque. Almost ~15k miles and absolutely zero problems. Love this truck as much as the day I bought it.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Rebel built in November 2018, no problems I can remember off the top of my head.
......except for the fact that the stock exhaust was too quiet!

Users who are viewing this thread