5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 1500 Rebel - Upgrading Wheels and Tires to 22"

BoondockSaint

Reaction score
I have a stock 2019 1500 Rebel and it needs new tires. I was thinking about upgrading the wheels since I need new tires anyways.
I found a nice set online. Will this work for me? Any additional considerations, items, or actions I will have to take when I upgrade?
Should I upgrade?

Factory OEM 22x9 from another Ram 1500 (non-Rebel)
Tire Size: 285/45/22
Tire Brand: Goodyear Eagle Touring A/S
Finish: Glossy Rim
Width: 9
Bolt Pattern: 6x139, 6x5.5
Offset: 19.05mm

Going from the standard Rebel rims to these:
1679598565756.png

Thanks all!

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That looks like the standard specs from a 22 inch DT wheel, so yes it will fit. The fact that ram has those wheels and tire stock tells that it’s going to be OK and feel fine if you get them. I think what you’ll find is that those tires don’t last very long if they are OE tires.

BoondockSaint

Reaction score
That looks like the standard specs from a 22 inch DT wheel, so yes it will fit. The fact that ram has those wheels and tire stock tells that it’s going to be OK and feel fine if you get them. I think what you’ll find is that those tires don’t last very long if they are OE tires.
Good info. Appreciate it. I work from home and only put ~7-8k miles on it per year. So they will last "long enough" for me, I suppose.
With the change in size, I will likely need to calibrate/adjust the speedometer, right?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'd be going slightly slower than your Speedometer indicates, but that's probably livable.
A dealer can recalibrate if desired.

The issue that would drive me nuts is that Rebels use E load range tires, and thus the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) is setup to loose its mind if pressures drop below around 40 I think it is(?).

With these tires you'd run low to mid 30s because they are P-metric passenger tires, so you'd always have an alert, and I don't know that dealers can or would change that.

AshRisenRogue

Reaction score
IMO if you want to upgrade from the stock Rebel wheels which are 18"s I would only go up to a 20".. As to what was said earlier they will fit but just wont look right putting street wheels and tires on a Rebel that is meant for off road.. but hey do what you want its your truck

JayW

Reaction score
I have a stock 2019 1500 Rebel and it needs new tires. I was thinking about upgrading the wheels since I need new tires anyways.
I found a nice set online. Will this work for me? Any additional considerations, items, or actions I will have to take when I upgrade?
Should I upgrade?

Factory OEM 22x9 from another Ram 1500 (non-Rebel)
Tire Size: 285/45/22
Tire Brand: Goodyear Eagle Touring A/S
Finish: Glossy Rim
Width: 9
Bolt Pattern: 6x139, 6x5.5
Offset: 19.05mm

Going from the standard Rebel rims to these:
View attachment 155223

Thanks all!
Did you actually put these on? I would like to see how they turned out - any pics? Thanks

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OP hasn't posted in this thread since the day he made it back in March of this year. I'm sure he's already made up his mind about it LOL. I respectfully disagree about them looking good. I promptly swapped aftermarket 20's and AT tires on our Limited because I hated how they looked. There's a full set with nearly new OEM tires sitting in my garage if you're interested in them LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread