5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 1500 North Edition lift and 35x12.50x20

NH_Ram

Reaction score
I'll try and keep this brief as I'm typing from a cell phone.
0606201132_HDR.jpg
Truck is a 2019 RAM 1500 crew cab 4x4 North Edition with Trailer Tow group.
Factory tires are 275/55/20 Falcon Wildpeak At's
Stock measurements from center hub to fender: 22-1/4" Front and 24-1/2" Rear

Ordered the Ready Lift 3.5" SST kit before researching and decided to only use the strut extension and Upper Control Arms as I have a factory 1" lift with the North Edition also known as Off Road Group (ORG) or Off Road Package (ORP).

After installing the strut extension and UCA's the front measurement is now 23-3/4" for exactly 1.5" of lift and about 3/4" rake which is good as I tow a lot. This would be equivalent to a 2.5" lift in front and 1" lift in rear on a stock non-off road truck.

Tires are 35x12.50x20 BF Goodrich All Terrain TA KO2 mounted on 20x9 +1mm Fuel Blitz D674 Matte Black/Machined Black DDT. Ordered OEM RAM TPMS sensors from eBay and had tire shop install them with the tires, they sync'd up within a couple miles.

Installed myself in about 3 hours and 4 beers. There is a very slight rub on the front mud flaps at full lock. I'll heat them up and push them back a little. Speedometer is reading 4-6mph slow, I'll wait and see if it auto-calibrates as I have the factory navigation.

Road noise is no louder than stock tires which were also All Terrains. Ride is just as silky smooth as factory which I credit to the use of just a strut extension and no preload spacer. I still have the 2" front and rear spacers if I decide to lift it more.

The look is exactly what I wanted and the tires stick out just past the fenders, maybe an inch.

NH_Ram

Reaction score
Here is the clearance from spring to knuckle at full droop.
0606201000.jpg
Here is with the tire mounted
0606201104a_HDR.jpg
Side poke:
0606201150_HDR.jpg
Strut extension:
0606201000_HDR.jpg

Mud flap gap:
0606201104.jpg

mdlzr

Reaction score
I'll try and keep this brief as I'm typing from a cell phone.
View attachment 58277
Truck is a 2019 RAM 1500 crew cab 4x4 North Edition with Trailer Tow group.
Factory tires are 275/55/20 Falcon Wildpeak At's
Stock measurements from center hub to fender: 22-1/4" Front and 24-1/2" Rear

Ordered the Ready Lift 3.5" SST kit before researching and decided to only use the strut extension and Upper Control Arms as I have a factory 1" lift with the North Edition also known as Off Road Group (ORG) or Off Road Package (ORP).

After installing the strut extension and UCA's the front measurement is now 23-3/4" for exactly 1.5" of lift and about 3/4" rake which is good as I tow a lot. This would be equivalent to a 2.5" lift in front and 1" lift in rear on a stock non-off road truck.

Tires are 35x12.50x20 BF Goodrich All Terrain TA KO2 mounted on 20x9 +1mm Fuel Blitz D674 Matte Black/Machined Black DDT. Ordered OEM RAM TPMS sensors from eBay and had tire shop install them with the tires, they sync'd up within a couple miles.

Installed myself in about 3 hours and 4 beers. There is a very slight rub on the front mud flaps at full lock. I'll heat them up and push them back a little. Speedometer is reading 4-6mph slow, I'll wait and see if it auto-calibrates as I have the factory navigation.

Road noise is no louder than stock tires which were also All Terrains. Ride is just as silky smooth as factory which I credit to the use of just a strut extension and no preload spacer. I still have the 2" front and rear spacers if I decide to lift it more.

The look is exactly what I wanted and the tires stick out just past the fenders, maybe an inch.
looks great

cjcollas

Reaction score
Looks great, amazing transition from factory. I also have the ORG and I just purchased a mopar fox kit and some 35x12.5's. Nothing has been installed yet as I am trying to figure out on wheels. I have some 20x10 -18 ones I'm eyeing but I am concerned they will rub a lot. Do you think I will be ok with that setup?

NH_Ram

Reaction score
Looks great, amazing transition from factory. I also have the ORG and I just purchased a mopar fox kit and some 35x12.5's. Nothing has been installed yet as I am trying to figure out on wheels. I have some 20x10 -18 ones I'm eyeing but I am concerned they will rub a lot. Do you think I will be ok with that setup?
From what I've read on here and other pages, you'll want at least 3-4" of total lift (including 1" from factory) to run a 12.5 on a negative offset rim. I was originally going with Fuel Warriors in a -12mm offset but decided to go +1mm so it wouldn't stick out as much (no fender flares) and less rubbing chances.

Lungs414

Reaction score
From what I've read on here and other pages, you'll want at least 3-4" of total lift (including 1" from factory) to run a 12.5 on a negative offset rim. I was originally going with Fuel Warriors in a -12mm offset but decided to go +1mm so it wouldn't stick out as much (no fender flares) and less rubbing chances.
Do you think 35x12.5x20 will fit ok with a 20x9 0 offset and 2 “ Mopar lift. I’m leaning toward Toyo at 3. Also any worries that it is a 71 pound tire?

NH_Ram

Reaction score
Do you think 35x12.5x20 will fit ok with a 20x9 0 offset and 2 “ Mopar lift. I’m leaning toward Toyo at 3. Also any worries that it is a 71 pound tire?
Assuming you have a non-off road group truck, just a 2" lift might not be enough. I have the equivalent of a 2.5" lift front and 1" lift rear over a stock non-off road truck. Looking at how tight it is at the mud flaps, it would probably work but you would have to trim or remove the mud flaps. Others also posted about rubbing the inner fender but that was with a negative offset wheel.

The weight of the tire has changed nothing on my truck. Ride feels just as smooth but I did notice tighter cornering (stock Falkens felt unsettled on cornering) and riding over rumble strips is more tame where the old tires would get squirrely.

Lungs414

Reaction score
Assuming you have a non-off road group truck, just a 2" lift might not be enough. I have the equivalent of a 2.5" lift front and 1" lift rear over a stock non-off road truck. Looking at how tight it is at the mud flaps, it would probably work but you would have to trim or remove the mud flaps. Others also posted about rubbing the inner fender but that was with a negative offset wheel.

The weight of the tire has changed nothing on my truck. Ride feels just as smooth but I did notice tighter cornering (stock Falkens felt unsettled on cornering) and riding over rumble strips is more tame where the old tires would get squirrely.
Thanks for the reply. I will probably go with next closest size smaller. Toyo has 500 mile return policy.

NH_Ram

Reaction score
Not a large load like my tractor but the first tow with the new setup and it hauled just as comfortably as stock. The 3.92 rear certainly helps a lot. This is about 5000lbs total and only a couple hundred pounds on the tongue. I'm sure with the tractor and over 1,000lbs on the tongue, it will squat much more but I'm happy with the setup so far.
0614201007~3.jpg

NH_Ram

Reaction score
160 miles yesterday through the mountains and some severe thunderstorms. Great wet road traction from the BFG All Terrains and averaged 19.2 mpgs which may even be higher as the speedometer is still off so I traveled about 10% further than it calculated.
iMarkup_20200620_125044.jpg

Helmetface

Reaction score
160 miles yesterday through the mountains and some severe thunderstorms. Great wet road traction from the BFG All Terrains and averaged 19.2 mpgs which may even be higher as the speedometer is still off so I traveled about 10% further than it calculated.

Those MPG's have left me dumbfounded. How is it that you're getting a higher rating than many with a stock configuration?

I myself am running ~34's and am seeing 16mpg MAX. This is with me trying and not opening it up.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those MPG's have left me dumbfounded. How is it that you're getting a higher rating than many with a stock configuration?

I myself am running ~34's and am seeing 16mpg MAX. This is with me trying and not opening it up.
I agree, I am not getting near those numbers with my lift and 35's. @NH_Ram good for you if you are getting those numbers.

NH_Ram

Reaction score

Keep in mind that was not hand calculated, gotta wait til next fill-up. This was also pure highway at 45-50 mph (45 mph speed limit) and had some decent downhills. These trucks can coast for days!
Normal everyday driving I'm typically around 17.5 hand calculated and mostly highway. I have a tonneau cover too which I found helps significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread