5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 1500 laramie just died

Darkhelmet

Reaction score
Was driving today when i got a message on dash ‘“service gear switch’
A minute later rvery light on dash started flashing and I couldn’t even count the error messages that kept popping up, wipers turned on by them self and wouldn’t shut off, lost power steering. I Stop the truck shut it off and tried starting again and nothing turned on or anything. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I’d pull the battery cables for a while. See if that helps.

What is causing this is a big ????? Dealer visit in store for you

jkm312

Reaction score
Sounds familiar. Previous truck did very similar things like you are describing. Went on like that for months and months plus many dealer visits and attempted repairs. New computer, alternator, battery. Some under warranty some not. Got to the point I didn't want to drive it very far. Finally did some research of my own. Traced it to a bad ground on the frame behind the driver's side front wheel. Took all of 15 minutes to clean up the ground connection. Completely different truck. 09 Chevy Silverado. A known TSB alert in some GM truck years. Got rid of the truck, commissioned service writer and dealer. Hello RAM.

Check your grounds or have them checked. It's a known problem on some trucks.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I have seen a post on that now you mention the ground. He cleaned the grounds cause they are all painted. Seemed to resolve the issue.

Bram2019

Reaction score
Was driving today when i got a message on dash ‘“service gear switch’
A minute later rvery light on dash started flashing and I couldn’t even count the error messages that kept popping up, wipers turned on by them self and wouldn’t shut off, lost power steering. I Stop the truck shut it off and tried starting again and nothing turned on or anything. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was your ignition push button switch stuck on acc?

Bram2019

Reaction score
Trip to dealer. Hope you get a good tech. These can be tough for young techs. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread