5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 1500 Bighorn Tailgate issues

nco415

Reaction score
Good day all,

Just this morning on my way to work I was getting the error message that my tailgate was open, I double check and it was latched. I noticed that the bed lights, the cargo lights and the light icon on the dash showing the tailgate was open. This condition was flickering on and off all the way to work and then all day it the parking spot. I had the tailgate cover off to inspect for water intrusion in the right latch( none ). I did notice that the right latch has the ajar switch in it, I checked the resistance (no sure if it was unlatched or latched) but one way it was 0.6k ohms and the other way it was 1.6k ohms? I was expecting OL one way and approximately 0.4 ohms the other way. Then I noticed that there was something inline on the black and white wires coming from the small micro switch ( resistor maybe )

Just wondering if anyone would know what the correct readings should be, pretty sure it is going to be the latch, but thought I would check here first.

Thank you for any help with this.

Users who are viewing this thread