5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 1500 Big Horn vs 2020 1500 Big Horn Built to Serve?

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would personally go to the ram website and build the truck you would buy new. See what options are must haves. For ME : hemi, 4x4, Off Road Group, Back Country, or Built to Serve (didn’t see that one on website) that give you 1 inch lift, skid plates, rear locker, etc., 33 gal fuel tank, most expensive equipment group, safety group, Long bed.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One last comparison question! So I did see another 2020 ceritified preowned 1500 pop up locally. This one is not a BTS but is a night edition, crew cab, 4x4, level 2 equipment package with cloth seats. Price is $37,000 but it only has 20k miles on it, the BTS model I'm looking at is $35,000 with 52,000 miles on it. Would you still go with the BTS in this case? I was looking at Kelly Blue Book trade in values and the night edition with lower miles has about a $4k higher trade in value currently.

Certified is nice because they extend the warranty. But for the $2,000 price difference you can just buy an extended warranty on the BTS.

It is really which one looks better to your eyes? Color, Trim, Badging, Tires/Wheels, etc. Either way, you can't go wrong, but either way, you will still keep second guessing yourself. . . .

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would personally go to the ram website and build the truck you would buy new. See what options are must haves. For ME : hemi, 4x4, Off Road Group, Back Country, or Built to Serve (didn’t see that one on website) that give you 1 inch lift, skid plates, rear locker, etc., 33 gal fuel tank, most expensive equipment group, safety group, Long bed.
Doesn't work to well when buying used, unless it lets you build 2020 model year truck

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One last comparison question! So I did see another 2020 ceritified preowned 1500 pop up locally. This one is not a BTS but is a night edition, crew cab, 4x4, level 2 equipment package with cloth seats. Price is $37,000 but it only has 20k miles on it, the BTS model I'm looking at is $35,000 with 52,000 miles on it. Would you still go with the BTS in this case? I was looking at Kelly Blue Book trade in values and the night edition with lower miles has about a $4k higher trade in value currently.

Personally I would still go with the BTS edition. It gives you more options on top of thelevel2 that the night edition doesn't have, such as Rebel style cloth/vynl seats, LED lighting package, factory running boards, alpine system, off-road package with skid plates, BTS specific 20" wheels.

But as mentioned, whichever one you think looks the best and fits your needs.

PanzerFreak

Reaction score

Personally I would still go with the BTS edition. It gives you more options on top of thelevel2 that the night edition doesn't have, such as Rebel style cloth/vynl seats, LED lighting package, factory running boards, alpine system, off-road package with skid plates, BTS specific 20" wheels.

But as mentioned, whichever one you think looks the best and fits your needs.
Great points, thank you. I've decided to go with the 2020 BTS model with 52,000 miles on it for $35k. The 2020 night edition with 20,000 miles on it was $37k, dealer wouldn't go lower. The night edition one is nice as well but I think I would miss the features of the BTS model as you mentioned. The BTS model seems to come with a lot of options for the upgrade price, just noticed they are not making them for the 2022 year which is interesting. I started thinking of adding leather seat covers, and replacing the stock speakers on the night edition. At the price I'm paying which is already over my original budget I don't want to put more money into the truck to have the features I want.

PanzerFreak

Reaction score
Certified is nice because they extend the warranty. But for the $2,000 price difference you can just buy an extended warranty on the BTS.

It is really which one looks better to your eyes? Color, Trim, Badging, Tires/Wheels, etc. Either way, you can't go wrong, but either way, you will still keep second guessing yourself. . . .
Thankfully the BTS model is already certified pre owned as well. I decided to go for the BTS one, the additional options outweighed the miles saving for me. I really like the overall look of the BTS model, has a nice aggressive look inside and out. The rims on the BTS look a bit nicer to me compared to the ones on the Night edition.

Below is an overview of each vehicle, it was a pretty tough choice, could have gone either one. The dealership for the 2020 Night edition was also pressuring me to get in today to save $1k on the truck (originally $38k) or they couldn't do it tomorrow as it's the end of the month (probably wanted to include it in this months sales numbers). I said it would be very difficult for me to get there today and it didn't matter to them.

1. Certified preowned 2020 Built to Serve edition, 1500 4x4 crew cab with level 2 equipment package: 52,000 miles - $35k
  2. Certified preowned 2020 Night edition, 1500 4x4 crew cab with level 2 equipment package: 20,000 miles - $37k

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thankfully the BTS model is already certified pre owned as well. I decided to go for the BTS one, the additional options outweighed the miles saving for me. I really like the overall look of the BTS model, has a nice aggressive look inside and out. The rims on the BTS look a bit nicer to me compared to the ones on the Night edition.

Below is an overview of each vehicle, it was a pretty tough choice, could have gone either one. The dealership for the 2020 Night edition was also pressuring me to get in today to save $1k on the truck (originally $38k) or they couldn't do it tomorrow as it's the end of the month (probably wanted to include it in this months sales numbers). I said it would be very difficult for me to get there today and it didn't matter to them.

1. Certified preowned 2020 Built to Serve edition, 1500 4x4 crew cab with level 2 equipment package: 52,000 miles - $35k
  2. Certified preowned 2020 Night edition, 1500 4x4 crew cab with level 2 equipment package: 20,000 miles - $37k
by the way, the price will be there tomorrow too....

Users who are viewing this thread