5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 12 inch screen issues when cold

montydenn

Reaction score
My 2019 Limited continues to have camera issues when it's cold out. When warm this never happens, but when cold, as in less than 32 degrees, it flakes out like the picture attached.

It will stay this way until you turn the truck off and back on, and then it will work fine.

Today (23 degrees) it went into backup camera, stayed totally black and froze. I could change the volume and that's about it. No other controls worked and could not turn off the seat warmer or steering wheel heater. That was a very warm ride. Even after stopping, opening door, starting again, it would not come back. Had to finally park it for 30 minutes and it finally recovered.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?
Yes, I have the same screen problem with cold temps. What solution did you find that solved this issue?

Sojourn

Reaction score
Been having this issue this past winter on my 2020 bighorn... Has anyone tried replacing their batteries to solve the issue? I heard in older Cummins of something similar happening with the radio, and replacing the battery fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread