5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Ram or wait for 2020

Fieldmedic57

Reaction score
I have a 2018 ram laramie on order and wondering if i should cancel it and wait for the new 2020? Any idea when the 2020 could be ordered after release?

Just wondering if you really meant to say 2018? If I were you and was possibly in the market for a 2018, I'd do a search on cars.com and buy one for a major discount.

I looked but couldnt find the features i wanted so i have to order it. Does that mean wait for the 2020?

Well, there are many more people here that a lot more educated on the 4th gen than me. I had really only been following the 5th gen since the auto show. But....unless you're getting 15-20 grand off MSRP and a smoking deal...I'd absolutely wait. My 2019 was roughly 7k off and I got a mediocre deal (the trade value tipped the scale). This probably isn't a lot of help but, I'd either adjust my wants for a 2018 for a smoking deal, or wait for the 2020. Best of luck!

I'm assuming you're talking about a 2500 or 3500. If you can I'd say wait 6 months until the 2020 is revealed and make your decision then. If you don't like it your still be able to pick up a 2018/2019 HD but if you do like it just order a 2020.

I'm assuming you're talking about a 2500 or 3500. If you can I'd say wait 6 months until the 2020 is revealed and make your decision then. If you don't like it your still be able to pick up a 2018/2019 HD but if you do like it just order a 2020.

What Jared said....I'm an idiot lol

Yes i ordered a 2500

Most of us are probably going to be biased since we either already have or are waiting for our 2019 5th gen.

To me the 5th gen is such a big jump up that the 2018 wasn’t even in consideration.

It also depends on how bad you want or new a car. I couldn’t wait another 12-18 months for what I want if it were me.

I looked but couldnt find the features i wanted so i have to order it. Does that mean wait for the 2020?
Hey man -
If you haven't already, take a moment to pop down to your local CJDR dealer and sit in the cab of the all-new 2019 Ram 1500, as it will almost undoubtably be nearly identical to the heavy duty. The current generation HD Ram is the best HD truck on the market right now, so ask yourself if the current gen will keep you satisfied, or if you'll be kicking yourself for not waiting.

Other key note - the next gen HD is going to be hella more expensive.

Hey man -
If you haven't already, take a moment to pop down to your local CJDR dealer and sit in the cab of the all-new 2019 Ram 1500, as it will almost undoubtably be nearly identical to the heavy duty. The current generation HD Ram is the best HD truck on the market right now, so ask yourself if the current gen will keep you satisfied, or if you'll be kicking yourself for not waiting.

Other key note - the next gen HD is going to be hella more expensive.
How do you know the price point?

I wrestled with this since the 5th gen was introduced. I drove every model of the 19' but I eventually decided the 2018 Powerwagon was for me. Proven truck, coil spring ride with awesome off road package, 6.4 bed with Ramboxes, 8.4 Nav with android auto, led third brake light, ice cold AC, black out badges with Rebel inspired look. Completely badass truck and I am very happy with my decision. Just gotta make up your own mind. It only took me 8 months to make up mine lol!

I wrestled with this since the 5th gen was introduced. I drove every model of the 19' but I eventually decided the 2018 Powerwagon was for me. Proven truck, coil spring ride with awesome off road package, 6.4 bed with Ramboxes, 8.4 Nav with android auto, led third brake light, ice cold AC, black out badges with Rebel inspired look. Completely badass truck and I am very happy with my decision. Just gotta make up your own mind. It only took me 8 months to make up mine lol!
I very much considered going this route. Just picked up my 2019 Longhorn tonight (ordered 5/25).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back