5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 GMC frame rust *Pictures*

Yedi

Reaction score
I'm not a brand loyal guy by any means but this is my second Ram in a row because I was very happy with the quality of my 2014 Ram which had 0 issues, no rattles, and the interior held up well with the seats and everything else still looking new. Now my coworker with a GMC Sierra can't even keep lights in the thing without them burning out.

this is a true. If I had a $1 for every GM truck I see on the road with a burnt out headlight, or in the shop having a bulb replaced.....Id be very well off.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
this is a true. If I had a $1 for every GM truck I see on the road with a burnt out headlight, or in the shop having a bulb replaced.....Id be very well off.
I know I’m my old ‘03, the parking lights would burn out because they put 12V bulbs in a circuit that would often see 13-14V. I changed to a bulb that could safely handle a slightly higher voltage, and I saw no further issues for 8 years. I don’t know why more owners didn’t employ this $5 fix.

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
I know I’m my old ‘03, the parking lights would burn out because they put 12V bulbs in a circuit that would often see 13-14V. I changed to a bulb that could safely handle a slightly higher voltage, and I saw no further issues for 8 years. I don’t know why more owners didn’t employ this $5 fix.
Because napa/autozone told them what bulb to get lol

Users who are viewing this thread