5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 center console subwoofer

RamT18

Reaction score
2018 Ram 1500 Sport

Just wanted to show a interior center console subwoofer idea I had and 95% completed. Dont judge the surrounding havent finished the top plate yet.

And will be using dynomate inside to quiet down some.

Made a template for the inside of console, then transferred to MDF. A little trimming and fit snug inside, cut hole and wrapped with black fabric. Trimmed a little metal and rubber off the subwoofer in the back, but not to much.Top mounted sub. 4 Metal clips hold the MDF/Subwoofer in place and are secured in the 4 screw holes that hold the center plastic in place.

High/low converter tapped in to rear door wiring and mounted in the seat belt pillar.
Amp is under rear drivers side seat. All wire was run under the interior side trim plastic.
Subwoofer wire comes down seat belt pillar and under carpet through opening under console at floor and then up into center. ( Blue/Grey wire in picture) I did it this way to avoid making holes etc, and it can be removed if needed with extra slack below.

10inch Orion street subwoofer

I know I could buy the factory setup, which sucks or do a box under the rear seats. I chose not to, 1. Because I dont like having the same setups/looks as other people, I like to different. 2. Also, because I like being able to use my storage and fold out flat floor.

And I wanted it hidden, nice and clean.

I do custom installs on the side and always want different.

For what it is and where its installed it pushes alot of Bass but does vibrate the hell out of the center. I just learn to adjust the control for now.

I have a few videos of it playing if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• 20200807_194318.jpg
    20200807_194318.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 20190217_151105.jpg
    20190217_151105.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread