5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Ram Sport R/T or 2004 SRT10

TempleOS

Reaction score
So I currently have the money to buy a 2017 RT or SRT10

I can’t make my mind on which to pick

The RT is a lot newer and I love that look

The srt10 has 20k miles and is obviously a lot more rare

What would be the smartest move

sgk

Reaction score
There is a few factors, where are you located, do you get any snow? it may make the srt10 harder to resell (considering the rt is 4x4) How long do you plan on keeping this truck? with any used vehicle without a warranty, you will need more money they the selling price considering the repairs
I would personally go with a 4x4 2017 RT
Or you can always go with a 2019 tradesman

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The SRT10s are cool as hell, I've always liked them.

That said the 2017 R/T is a much better and more modern of course truck overall, performance wise they aren't as far apart as you would probably expect.

It seems to be low 13s as the norm for an SRT10, R/Ts will regularly run high 13s and I've seen a few people get them into the mid 13s stock as well. They also take very well to modding and can be made really quick with minor bolt one and a tune.

Then again the SRT-10 is a special truck. I'd say it really depends on personal preferences and what you're going for.

TempleOS

Reaction score
There is a few factors, where are you located, do you get any snow? it may make the srt10 harder to resell (considering the rt is 4x4) How long do you plan on keeping this truck? with any used vehicle without a warranty, you will need more money they the selling price considering the repairs
I would personally go with a 4x4 2017 RT
Or you can always go with a 2019 tradesman
The RT is also 2wd regular cab
I do get snow but I already have a 4wd I use for snow anyways

Users who are viewing this thread