5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Transmission Running around 120-140 Degrees.

Captainnocappin

Reaction score
So I'm researching the temperature ranges for my transmission & I'm finding a lot of mixed temperatures. Can anyone help me out with some information on this?

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
Do you have an aftermarket transmission fluid cooler?
If you do, it should be BEFORE the radiator-mounted one. In other words, the radiator-mounted cooler should be last in line.
That's so, once the engine is at operating temperature, the radiator can act as a moderator and feed the transmission relatively constant-temperature fluid.
120 - 140 seems too cool to effectively evaporate the condensation generated by warm-up.

Steve

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
170-185 when I'm driving normally, and not towing. that range gets about 5-10 degrees higher in the summer time with the A/C on.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
180ish here, unless it's over the grade(s) at speed or towing. Then it's around 210

Philth

Reaction score
There is a thermostatic bypass that starts to open at 167 then fully opening around 194, meaning fluid does not leave the transmission until the 167 mark. On the highway, I'm at about 190 degrees without towing.

Users who are viewing this thread