5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Ram Air Suspension

Bueberroth

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Ram with the wonderful air suspension. I just had all 4 struts/bags replaced at a non-Dodge repair shop and am now getting “selected ride height not allowed due to payload” when selecting offroad2, i have never seen this message before. Did the local repair shop F-up, do i need to take it to a dealership?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! This question may be best asked in a the 4th gen (2009-2018) section, as the 5th gen Rams have a slightly different/upgraded system.

That being said, yes, they may have goofed up. That error you are seeing should only be seen if you have "overloaded" the back with a heavy load, and the air suspension cannot compensate for it. It may as simple as they did not set the air suspension links properly (the little guys that tell the computer what height the system is at), or it could be something more complex.

Users who are viewing this thread