5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 outdoorsman

Tyger

Reaction score
Hey everyone I’m not sure if this will get read but I bought my outdoorsman in April and noticed the tick.. had hemis before and never heard that.. talked to 2 mechanics and both say it’s the infection and it’s normal.. they both said the same exact thing they’ve heard louder.. it’s not a knock.. when speed up its loud As hell.. but I take my foot off the gas truck is gone until the eco comes on... truck has 120k on it.. very clean and the history of the truck says this vehicle was well taken care of.. any would be appreciated before thinking of bringing it to a dealer.. thanks

Pe2n3d1

Reaction score
Hey everyone I’m not sure if this will get read but I bought my outdoorsman in April and noticed the tick.. had hemis before and never heard that.. talked to 2 mechanics and both say it’s the infection and it’s normal.. they both said the same exact thing they’ve heard louder.. it’s not a knock.. when speed up its loud As hell.. but I take my foot off the gas truck is gone until the eco comes on... truck has 120k on it.. very clean and the history of the truck says this vehicle was well taken care of.. any would be appreciated before thinking of bringing it to a dealer.. thanks
Do you have a video of the noise? I’m not familiar with what you’re referring to.

WildWildWest

Reaction score
Could be the manifold studs. It will make the tick quite a bit louder. Had mine replaced under warranty on the 2013 outdoorsman I had.

BigD

Reaction score
My 2013 Bighorn had the tick. It's broken exhaust manifold bolts. My lifetime powertrain warranty would NOT cover it. They said they cover gaskets, but not broken bolts. There is a ton of You Tube videos on it. It always went away after the truck was warm. I've heard it's anywhere from $500 - $2,000 depending on how long it takes a mechanic to get them out of the heads.

Users who are viewing this thread