5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi

Xtlavi

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm newe here. Are the hemi's supported in the latest beta? I have a customer asking about 2008 Ram 5.7 Hemi...
Have a customer truck that was taken to the dealer because it wouldn't shift past 3rd gear (5spd auto). the dealer told them that its in the programming and it needs to be told that its an auto trans. So I download the tune and sure enough, a580 equipped was set to disable (all the trans were set to disable for some reason). I set a580 to enable, re wrote the tune into the truck.
now the issue is at roughly 1/4 throttle it shifts through all the gears just fine. but you give it say 1/2 throttle and the traction control light comes on and the truck will not up shift past 3rd. pull over, turn truck off, turn it back on and the light is gone and will shift as long as you don't give it much throttle. very strange. any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

And one more question. Anyone have an Andersen Weight Distribution hitch out there? I found this article https://truckpowerup.com/best-weight-distribution-hitch-with-sway-control/ . Includes sway control. It was one of a couple recommended by my trailer manufacturer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread