5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$20/month to use mobile start or unlock!?

Viper67

Reaction score
Not sure what else to say. I don’t work for the company. Just use their products in all cars and trucks of mine. Love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And to make it worse, Ford now offers this for free:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And to make it worse, Ford now offers this for free:

Maybe that will begin to force prices down. I knew they were separate services, but I was surprised that even SiriusXM “All Access” didn’t include Guardian. I guess it should have been branded “Almost All Access”.

swarggs

Reaction score
Luckily we can still use the fob to start the car. My wife's mazda dosen't even offer a remote start button on their key fobs. If you want remote start at all its through the app at $95 a year.

And that's on top of the $600 remote start option (that's not standard on any trim) you need to make it work.

taco2ram

Reaction score
Does this actually work for anyone? Love my 2019 Ram but Ive tried doing remote start from the app 3 times and it has never worked.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It worked for me flawlessly and I'll miss it in winter for sure... some large worksites I'm on are beyond the range of the fob and it was nice to get the truck warmed before leaving... sadly not worth the extra coin. It should be included with any SXM yearly package. Too bad.

RAMREB

Reaction score
Ever since Sirius and XM merged the prices skyrocketed since their is no more competition in the satellite radio marketplace. $20 month is absurd for this but I guarantee if you sign up for their $60/6 month promotion and at the end of 6 months call to cancel they'll give you another promotion to keep you a subscriber. I have been doing this for 10 years with the radio subscription to get a better deal.

Users who are viewing this thread