5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20" factory wheels ? Laramie -Sport Appearance Package

Cleave

Reaction score
Can anyone help shed some light on this for me. I'm in the market for a Laramie with the sport appearance package. Configuring the options with the ram site build option, shows this wheel as standard with the sport package. The build site shows code WRJ "Premium Painted Wheels w/Inserts." I like them in terms of a factory offering.

However, Every truck (Laramie Sport) I see on the lot, or window sticker I see online, is fitted with these. "Premium Paint/Polished"

The window stickers have that listed as the last line item of optional equipment, no charge associated. No dealer/ salesman so far has been able to explain to me the reasoning, or how to come across a truck with the wheels I prefer. Is anyone familiar with this at all?

timtlu

Reaction score
Interesting. Here is my window sticker, same patriot blue with V8, sport appearance and level 1 equipment. Your base price is slightly higher, so I'm thinking maybe you have a newer build date? I've got the wheels you want; came with the same package you have listed. I do like them better (twist the knife, lol, sorry). The only thing I can find is that in the Ram brochure, the second ones you have pictured show that they are optional on P1 and P2 equipment package. I can only think of three reasons: 1. Your build date is in a different timeframe than mine, and the ones I have were out of supply, 2. All the dealers swapped them (highly unlikely), 3. for whatever reason at the factory, the equipment group for those trucks superseded the sport package in determining wheel mounts, whereas the sport package superseded the equipment groups on trucks like mine.

Last edited:

Cleave

Reaction score
Appreciate the Reply. Nice looking truck! Yeah stickers are very similar other than the sunroof being the significant difference? Hard to believe they’d run low on inventory of wheels. The possibility crossed my mind, but just seemed unlikely to me. I agree it’s gotta be something with the way boxes are being checked off during dealer ordering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This has been discussed a few times. It seems like there was an issue with them getting the correct wheels and they started substituting the regular Laramie wheels instead. My truck came with the correct wheels but it has been very hit and miss. I don’t think there has been any statement from FCA on this but this is what I have been told. Not sure if the problem has been resolved or not.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I’ve been looking locally and they seem to be a rarity here in the Bay Area. I have seen a few but not a lot..... I like them so much that I’m looking to trade my set of limited 22’s for them. We’ll see if there’s any takers....

Attachments

• FD88C051-14E1-43F9-95F9-4F3FA7B49C59.jpeg
    FD88C051-14E1-43F9-95F9-4F3FA7B49C59.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 125
  • DD835FD4-AD5C-49EE-A69F-3AC101B92EC3.jpeg
    DD835FD4-AD5C-49EE-A69F-3AC101B92EC3.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 125

jeffmc306

Reaction score
Cleave, I have the Sport Appearance package with the these wheels.
IMG_1011.jpg

Cleave

Reaction score
Cleave, I have the Sport Appearance package with the these wheels.
View attachment 30395

Nice. Yeah, I mean it’s a nice wheel also. Just comes down to preference I guess. It’s just frustrating that the salesman has no idea. At first he tried to tell me the wheel I’m asking about is part of the north package, or longhorns. No, that’s a different wheel. Then he said he’s never even seen it before. Come on, show a little effort.

Pressgrove

Reaction score
The dealer where I bought mine has a lot of Sports in inventory.

Mine came with the ORG and has the same wheels as jeffmc306.

When I visited my dealer for service a few weeks ago, I noticed that a lot of their trucks now have the black wheels like RAMayor has, but that is an optional wheel when I look at the window stickers online (22.0–Inch X 9.0–Inch Polished Painted Wheels - $1,295)

When looking at my sticker, I got 20–Inch x 9–Inch Premium Painted Wheels w/Inserts as part of package 25H (same as the stickers above).

I've never seen a truck with the wheels you want, other than on this site. I'm curious as well.

Barney556180

Reaction score
My Laramie Sport pg, 4x4, Level 1, 1/19 build.
ac0eb8e96e0ce0b70fa48b227413f4a8.jpg

These are the “standard” 20” wheels that are mostly what’s on the lots in Cadillac MI.

Wolleworld

Reaction score
My Laramie Sport pg, 4x4, Level 1, 1/19 build.
ac0eb8e96e0ce0b70fa48b227413f4a8.jpg

These are the “standard” 20” wheels that are mostly what’s on the lots in Cadillac MI.
What tires and size do you have on your truck and do you have any type of lift or leveling kit?

Barney556180

Reaction score
What tires and size do you have on your truck and do you have any type of lift or leveling kit?

FYI, the dealer gave me a nice credit on the OEMs towards a set of Goodyear Wrangler 275/55R20s.
fce61e4cfeda0bd579fc02d4c47bebe3.jpg

With the Goodyear rebate, they ended up costing about $150 mounted.

I had a 2017 Sport and those OEMs were marginal in the snow. These Wranglers are great for northern Michigan winters.

No lift or leveling: This is a two year lease, which I figure will save me thousands in add-ons, gewgaws, and upgrades that I won’t do.

Last edited:

Wolleworld

Reaction score
FYI, the dealer gave me a nice credit on the OEMs towards a set of Goodyear Wrangler 275/55R20s.
fce61e4cfeda0bd579fc02d4c47bebe3.jpg

With the Goodyear rebate, they ended up costing about $150 mounted.

I had a 2017 Sport and those OEMs were marginal in the snow. These Wranglers are great for northern Michigan winters.

No lift or leveling: This is a two year lease, which I figure will save me thousands in add-ons, gewgaws, and upgrades that I won’t do.
Thank You! Love the look of it and glad to hear they perform well in the snow.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Thank You! Love the look of it and glad to hear they perform well in the snow.

I am picking these up tomorrow. And looking at some 275/60r20. 33” tires. I also have the 2.5” and 1.5” moto fab leveling kit. Hoping the 33” tires will look nice. I have not decided if I will use the mopar 2” ucas. My truck is the orp.

Users who are viewing this thread