5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$20 AT&T hot spot

timtlu

Reaction score
Does the hot spot only work while the vehicle is running?

Zogg44

Reaction score
Can the Uconnect system use the hotspot for streaming radio or any other purpose, or is it just for other devices?

Also, I bought my truck used and still figuring things out. My SiriusXM trial is active, but the other day the antenna was blocked for a few minutes so the unit offered me to stream over the Internet. I tried it and it worked, but I haven't activated the hotspot. Was Sirius using it anyway somehow?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Can the Uconnect system use the hotspot for streaming radio or any other purpose, or is it just for other devices?

Also, I bought my truck used and still figuring things out. My SiriusXM trial is active, but the other day the antenna was blocked for a few minutes so the unit offered me to stream over the Internet. I tried it and it worked, but I haven't activated the hotspot. Was Sirius using it anyway somehow?

Yes, SiriusXM can use the internet connection in your truck, you only pay if you want Hotspot for your phone or laptop.
Your Truck also uses the internet connection for updates OTA and Uconnect phone app communications.

Zogg44

Reaction score
Yes, SiriusXM can use the internet connection in your truck, you only pay if you want Hotspot for your phone or laptop.
Your Truck also uses the internet connection for updates OTA and Uconnect phone app communications.
Thanks for clarifying.

bvigne01

Reaction score
I just tested my hotspot and only got 3 mbps down and less up. Kind of a joke in this day and age. You can connect 10 devices, with that poor speed nothing is going to work with 10 iPads connected

vdemarco

Reaction score
They just called me and offered unlimited data for 15 a month. I don't think its worth it but just letting everyone know.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s a good deal but for me, I don’t need it. All electronic devices that my family has pretty much has LTE capabilities already. So don’t really need it but for anyone who does need it, definitely a good price.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
not worth it, if my kids need internet then i let them use my free mobile hotspot from my cellphone provider.

Users who are viewing this thread