5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Tone paint availability???

John

Reaction score
I went to a dealer today with my build sheet for a Costco member price. I wanted Ivory 2 tone exterior color and he told me that the 2 tone option hasn't been available since May!! Anyone else experience that??

John

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did they give you a printout or something showing it as unavailable? If not, call another dealer and see what they say. If it’s on the build website it should be available. You might even call Ramdirctly. It could be a glitch on the ordering end.

Arkansas Jeff

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I ordered a two-tone ram rebel on 9/4 that is on a train being shipped to the dealership right now

John

Reaction score
I have been to 4 different dealers and they all say the same thing; no 2 tone available on Longhorn! Unknown why they stopped or when it will become available!

John

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I had mine ordered two tone ivory first week of August I was promised a built data sometime last month. Then all of a sudden I was told two tone was on hold currently because of supplier problems and if I’d change the paint it’d go into production immediately... i changed paint to mono but 3 weeks since then nothing happened and according to fca customer hotline it will take at least another 3 weeks to be built.

So I’d say definitely stay away from two tone if not ram at all... the ordering process has been nothing but a ****show and I’ve given them until this week to show me any movement or I go somewhere else...

John

Reaction score
Thanks Chris. Always been a GM guy, but really impressed by the new Ram! Trying to decide what to do! Called Ramcare this morning and they confirmed 2 tone is not available and no lea when it will be. Same with the etorque hemi!

John

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Here is the deal they had claimed that they got all parts to build my truck before... and it got put on hold after... now they claim they got all parts they said it’d be built ASAP then they said it’s be built on oct 22nd then they said it won’t happen before nov 14th...
I’ve heard etorque is on hold as well maybe that’s the next thing popping up delaying my order...

they never contacted me about anything by themselves it’s all me following up trying to find out what’s going on...
it’s the dishonesty, non communication and lying delay tactics that pisses me off and this is not just a dealer issue most is on fca... and really w.t.f. I’ve seen two tone and etorque trucks on forums that were ordered after mine and been delivered...

They show me no movement this week I’m gone... like the truck but don’t like the way they are treating me so if they put on such a ****show before I even have the truck what should make me believe they’d ever take care of any issues once I have it and frankly there seem to be plenty...

John

Reaction score
It seems like FCA leaves the dealership out of the loop as well. I agree, if there is a 2 tone, let me know so I can adjust, same goes for the etorque! I am going to have to order monotone paint and standard Hemi and hope they don't cancel another item too!! Sucks for you that's for sure!

John

Users who are viewing this thread