5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" Rough Country Spacers

tim5779

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the thread. Former GMC owner. I've owned GM my entire life, decided to try out a RAM this time around. Love the truck! The ride is unbelievable! As many of you probably know, GM trucks are famous for their rakes. Rough Country's 2" level spacers take care of that right away and do not sacrifice ride quality or compromise any of the suspension components. I've installed them on every GM truck I've ever owned....ANYWAY, the RAMS are not nearly as bad, but I'd still love to level out the front, and ditch these sissy 32" street tires they put on there. I'm thinking the Rough Country 2" level spacers, and maybe bump up to some more aggressive 33's. I'm not looking for anything crazy, I just want to add just a touch of aggressive. This setup should give me exactly what I'm looking for...HOWEVER, I've read quite a bit on here that the spacers for the RAM might not be a good idea? Any thoughts, advice, experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys!

Tim

JR2085

Reaction score
I think that pre load spacers are the main ones that change ride quality, since it stretches out the stock strut. I have seen several reviews that said top hat spacers are the way to go and have little to no change in ride quality.

tim5779

Reaction score
I think that pre load spacers are the main ones that change ride quality, since it stretches out the stock strut. I have seen several reviews that said top hat spacers are the way to go and have little to no change in ride quality.

Thanks JR. There's some good info in that thread!

tim5779

Reaction score
I installed these, no ride quality loss, and brought it to the perfect stance (level) for me. Installed in a couple of hours. Needed an alignment afterward. I have a 4X2wd.
I installed these, no ride quality loss, and brought it to the perfect stance (level) for me. Installed in a couple of hours. Needed an alignment afterward. I have a 4X2wd.

Nice. I did not know these existed! I'd much rather install these than have to disassemble my strut and mess with the travel. Thanks!

Avee8or

Reaction score

mxzoom

Reaction score
Channel-Port aux Basques, Newfoundland , Canada

Users who are viewing this thread