5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" rear lift over stock

U

User_21361

I recently purchased FOX 2.5s (front and rear). The front coilovers will create up to a 3" lift and the rear can support 2" (lift created by coil spring). My rear ORP coil springs give me an extra 1" of lift and I am looking for options on how to raise the back an extra inch. I chose the fox shocks because of issues with ride quality with the stock rebel setup (and Bilstein 5100s in the front). This makes me hesitant to install a top hat spacer in the rear (especially on a very nice suspension). I think my only other option for getting extra height would be longer coil springs. Is that correct? Has anyone found/installed 2" longer coil springs?

Icon has 1.5 rear coils. From what I'm reading, I would only get 1.25 out of them (net .25 increase over the Rebel coil springs): https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com...-09-up-ram-1500-rear-15-dual-rate-spring-kit/
Fabtech has a 3" system that uses a 1.5" spacer in the rear, so maybe I'm over thinking the ride quality implications. I would love feedback on this.

Looking for input on options and your experiences on what has worked.

wiendog

Reaction score
Daystar has a 1 inch rear spacer I am waiting to install with fox 2.5 coilovershocks on order and ORP rear springs

ScottChurch

Reaction score
I used the motofab rear lift spacers and they have worked out for me. I ended up doing 2” on mine, I would have went the spring route but couldn’t find any rear replacement springs that provided enough lift.

Here is their 1” rear lift, the nice thing is that you can order their parts from Amazon as well.

U

User_21361

I used the motofab rear lift spacers and they have worked out for me. I ended up doing 2” on mine, I would have went the spring route but couldn’t find any rear replacement springs that provided enough lift.

Here is their 1” rear lift, the nice thing is that you can order their parts from Amazon as well.

Yeah, I'm struggling to find springs. If I get the itch, I may look at custom springs. The lift is mostly for function, not aesthetics. I can fit the tires I want with the stock rebel height.
I used the MF one inch for mine. Very quality piece.
How's the ride?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm struggling to find springs. If I get the itch, I may look at custom springs. The lift is mostly for function, not aesthetics. I can fit the tires I want with the stock rebel height. How's the ride?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Better than stock with the Bils. Much better rebound over the stock shocks. A small spacer won't change the ride any noticeable amount. You aren't compressing/preloading the spring.

antwon412

Reaction score
Clayton off road makes a spring for the gladiator that fits our trucks. It gives the Rebel a 1.5” lift over stock. 2.5” taller than stock on a non Rebel/ORG setup.

I have them on my Rebel with Bilstien 5160s. Much more composed over bumps and uneven terrain then the 1.5” under coil spacer I had previously.

merdon1332000

Reaction score
I recently purchased FOX 2.5s (front and rear). The front coilovers will create up to a 3" lift and the rear can support 2" (lift created by coil spring). My rear ORP coil springs give me an extra 1" of lift and I am looking for options on how to raise the back an extra inch. I chose the fox shocks because of issues with ride quality with the stock rebel setup (and Bilstein 5100s in the front). This makes me hesitant to install a top hat spacer in the rear (especially on a very nice suspension). I think my only other option for getting extra height would be longer coil springs. Is that correct? Has anyone found/installed 2" longer coil springs?

Icon has 1.5 rear coils. From what I'm reading, I would only get 1.25 out of them (net .25 increase over the Rebel coil springs): https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com...-09-up-ram-1500-rear-15-dual-rate-spring-kit/
Fabtech has a 3" system that uses a 1.5" spacer in the rear, so maybe I'm over thinking the ride quality implications. I would love feedback on this.

Looking for input on options and your experiences on what has worked.
Where did you get the shocks?

merdon1332000

Reaction score
Clayton off road makes a spring for the gladiator that fits our trucks. It gives the Rebel a 1.5” lift over stock. 2.5” taller than stock on a non Rebel/ORG setup.

I have them on my Rebel with Bilstien 5160s. Much more composed over bumps and uneven terrain then the 1.5” under coil spacer I had previously.
what is the part number for the springs?

antwon412

Reaction score

HeavyMetal777

Reaction score
Great info. Thanks
To add another option. the BDS rear springs that are in their 4" lift kit with a spec of 21.75" free height, 150 lb first rate and 240 lb second are listed as a 3" lift.

Users who are viewing this thread