5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Questions About Paint On A 2021

Kenny4

Reaction score
First question is about the paint job. Down on my lower rear panel there is an area about the size of a 2" circle where the paint is cracking and you can see the white primer showing. Plus there are 2 cracks in the paint leaving the circle to about 3" long now. Would this be a warranty issue. Do any of you have anything similar on a 21.

Second question is about the clear coat. Someone dragged something across my drivers door leaving 4, 2"-4" smudges about 1/4" wide in a straight line with space in between each mark. It's not a scratch and primer isn't showing, but it is very noticeable and annoying. What would be the best way to buff that out. Thanks

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
First question...the answer is yes, that should be covered by your warranty.

Second question...paint correction may be able to take care of that, but with how thin the clear coat is on these trucks it's easy to burn through the clear coat. It would be good to have a professional take care of that if you're not familiar with paint correction.

Kenny4

Reaction score
Update---Good news on the smudges on the paint. I found a container of old scratch remover in the garage. It said on it for scratches and dull areas. Thank God it worked. Can't find any trace of the marks.

Users who are viewing this thread