5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 ohm door speakers

Tones1975

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this question but I'm trying to find replacement front door speakers for my 19 rebel with the Alpine. I bought a set of kickers for the dash corners and they made a huge difference so then I then ordered a 2nd set and replaced the center dash speaker; that was an upgrade as well. I then ordered a set of 6.5" door speakers with the adapter plate for the front doors; this was definitely a downgrade. I lost so much volume and mid bass that I had to go back to the factory speakers. I put the Kicker 6.5's in the back doors and they sound great there. My question is.......does anybody know of a 2 ohm speaker to upgrade the sound in the front doors? I'm quite sure that if I had a 2nd amplifier to run the 4ohm speakers; it would've been fine but i don't want to get into that. Anybody done a straight speaker swap in the front doors and made a noticeable improvement? I only wanna hear about the Alpine set up tho.
Thanks in advance.

Jason605

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this question but I'm trying to find replacement front door speakers for my 19 rebel with the Alpine. I bought a set of kickers for the dash corners and they made a huge difference so then I then ordered a 2nd set and replaced the center dash speaker; that was an upgrade as well. I then ordered a set of 6.5" door speakers with the adapter plate for the front doors; this was definitely a downgrade. I lost so much volume and mid bass that I had to go back to the factory speakers. I put the Kicker 6.5's in the back doors and they sound great there. My question is.......does anybody know of a 2 ohm speaker to upgrade the sound in the front doors? I'm quite sure that if I had a 2nd amplifier to run the 4ohm speakers; it would've been fine but i don't want to get into that. Anybody done a straight speaker swap in the front doors and made a noticeable improvement? I only wanna hear about the Alpine set up tho.
Thanks in advance.
Have you seen these. CDT HD-690CFS.2

Jason605

Reaction score
No. There are people that have installed them on hear but have never reviewed them. The stock Alpines are decent enough, there would have to be a very noticeable difference for me to do it.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The JBL GX series speakers are 2.3 ohm speakers, and they make them in 6.5", 3.5", and other sizes. They are owned by Harman, just like Infinity, and seem to be a tiny step down from Infinities, although some say they sound better. Depends on your style I guess.

Disclaimer: I do not own them, or at least not yet. But here is an example.

Rlandon

Reaction score
See my sig below for my speaker setup. The whole system sounds great. Those Made In China cheap Alpines were horrible. Just remember with the Alpine system the front doors are bass only thanks to the ANC/Amp configuration. I put in the 3-way's regardless so when I go amped later they are there. I listen to mostly mp3's off USB1 which has much better clarity than radio or sat.

Users who are viewing this thread