5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" Mopar Lift

Jneally

Reaction score
Will the 2" Mopar lift actually make the truck ride better than stock? My truck still rides really bouncy after putting my leveled truck back to stock. Thanks

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m not sure what your definition of better then stock is, but I’ve had mine since the beginning and am enjoying the lift. Are you on street tires, or A/T ones ?

Jneally

Reaction score
street. I'm going to have them check my truck out next week because I really think something is wrong with the suspension. Everyone else seems to think they ride so good but mine rides really bouncy.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s the best part about having them install it, is accountability on their end..

rsonedecker

Reaction score
street. I'm going to have them check my truck out next week because I really think something is wrong with the suspension. Everyone else seems to think they ride so good but mine rides really bouncy.
Is your truck riding like it did when you first got it, or is it still not right? Have you went to a dealership and drove another one to make sure? I ask because I’m wondering if all the stuff you had done wasn’t done correctly and still hasn’t been done correctly.

Jneally

Reaction score
Is your truck riding like it did when you first got it, or is it still not right? Have you went to a dealership and drove another one to make sure? I ask because I’m wondering if all the stuff you had done wasn’t done correctly and still hasn’t been done correctly.
I'm taking it in next week and have them check everything. I had the level put on within a couple days so I don't remember actually. Now that it's back to stock and still riding really bouncy I'm hoping they find something wrong.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what size spacer are people putting on top of their mopar lift to level it out, 3/4" ?

rsonedecker

Reaction score
what size spacer are people putting on top of their mopar lift to level it out, 3/4" ?
The mopar is 2" front and 2" back, so generally another 2" would be needed to get a true level (if you had a 2" rake to begin with). But 2" on top of 2" is too much lift in the front. I wouldn't start with the Mopar lift if leveling was your end goal - unless you just didn't put the rear spacer in the rear and left the rear height stock.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i realize the 2 and 2 some dealers have added a spacer to the front to lift it up some for not as much of a rake just cant remember the size.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
i realize the 2 and 2 some dealers have added a spacer to the front to lift it up some for not as much of a rake just cant remember the size.
I've only ever seen 1/4" spacer, and 2" spacer and up- though the Readylift top-hat seems to be more like 1.5"-1.75" lift. You can't add less than something like a readylift because the stock top-hat studs are too long - and you can't really trim them down because you want a few threads above the where the nut rests in case the threads start to shear - with the exception of the 1/4" spacers which still allow enough of the stud for threading. You probably could get away with a Readylift top-hat and be at a total of 3.5-3.75" lift, but you're really topping it out at that. Looks like the mopar kit has slightly different UCAs than stock with a ball joint that articulates more, but not sure if it would be at risk at 3.5"+ lift. You're best bet is to install a 1" spacer in the rear instead of the 2" mopar spacer (and sell the 2" spacer, the rear bump stop extensions (since you won't need), and sell the track bar relocation bracket (won't need that either), but that's just me. Or try the Readylift route but that top-hat spacer only comes in the kit that also has the Readylift UCAs, but frankly I'd put those in and sell the Mopar ones, because those UCAs are the same ones in the 3.5" lift kit. Or just don't go the Mopar Kit route altogether since it's a lot of money and then you still have to do more stuff to get the look you want (no 2" rake).

Users who are viewing this thread