5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" mopar lift ORP springs

toxicfusion

Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm looking to go ahead and purchase the 2" Mopar lift kit for my 2019 laramie sport.... Impatient waiting on Bilstien to release their shocks. Hope I wont regret the purchase...

Anyways..... Should I even think about purchasing the ORP springs (front & rear) to also install with the 2" Mopar lift. What would I gain, if any?

I know I can purchase the ORP springs for the rear, as they're 1" taller, helps with load. Thoughts?

cwolf908

Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm looking to go ahead and purchase the 2" Mopar lift kit for my 2019 laramie sport.... Impatient waiting on Bilstien to release their shocks. Hope I wont regret the purchase...

Anyways..... Should I even think about purchasing the ORP springs (front & rear) to also install with the 2" Mopar lift. What would I gain, if any?

I know I can purchase the ORP springs for the rear, as they're 1" taller, helps with load. Thoughts?

I've purchased the Mopar kit along with the ORP front springs. Combining the two results in 3-3.5" of front lift as opposed to the 2-2.5" you get with just the Mopar Lift by itself. Adding the ORP springs to the front also helps to further level the truck after installing the Mopar Lift (which - by itself - leaves a significant amount of rake).

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
I've purchased the Mopar kit along with the ORP front springs. Combining the two results in 3-3.5" of front lift as opposed to the 2-2.5" you get with just the Mopar Lift by itself. Adding the ORP springs to the front also helps to further level the truck after installing the Mopar Lift (which - by itself - leaves a significant amount of rake).
In another Mopar lift thread someone else installed the lift with ORP springs and said the ride was basically crap (stiff/bouncy).

What is your impression?

toxicfusion

Reaction score

Interesting! I thought the revised mopar 2" lift they resolved the rake issue and it is more level? How is the ride quality with those springs in the front. Perhaps a picture of your setup or what you have for wheels/tires.

I'm looking to do mopar 2" lift, maybe the ORP springs. Going to swap my 20" laramie wheels for 18" rebel wheels with the 33's. Cant justify 2600 on fuel wheels and tires that would be essentially same in size. lol

tedsterbv

Reaction score

cwolf908,

How is your ride quality with the ORG springs? Notice any difference? Do you recommend the ORG springs now that you have had time to drive it?

Naylorkyle

Reaction score
cwolf908,

How is your ride quality with the ORG springs? Notice any difference? Do you recommend the ORG springs now that you have had time to drive it?
I also herd that the ride quality goes to crap with the bigger ORG springs. Is it really stiff now?

KidCutti

Reaction score
I also herd that the ride quality goes to crap with the bigger ORG springs. Is it really stiff now?
Did you ever learn anything more about the ride quality of adding the ORP front springs? Do you have a part number by chance?

KidCutti

Reaction score
Hey there,

Did you ever learn anything more about the ride quality of adding the ORP front springs? Do you have a part number by chance?

Clyde

Reaction score
I have a shell/canopy, some of the rake is automatically removed by the weight of it. I also have approx. 500lbs of tools in the back of my truck 50% of the time (which removes another 1/4” - 1/2” of rake.)

I like the look of a perfectly level truck, I just don’t want to have a negative rake.

I’ve read of a few people on here adding ORP springs and getting 1 1/2”+ lift from them, that would be too much in my scenario.

If I should end up with a negative rake, my thoughts are to just add ORP springs in the rear. Hence my reasoning for bumping/seconding OP’s question. I would like to confirm that the rear ORP springs do provide lift (how much) and get the part #’s for the rear ORP springs also.

Clyde

Reaction score
My truck without tools in the back has exactly 1” rake.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
My truck without tools in the back has exactly 1” rake.
I tried looking through the original mopar lift thread as there is someone who added the lift to an ORP truck, and had both ORP springs in front or back. I couldn't find it, but his definitely had rake.

It also could have been in a different thread.....I'll keep looking

edit* Found it

wiendog

Reaction score
I added the ORP rear springs with the 2 inch rear spacer.I also have a shell and a few hundred lbs of tools.It lifted my truck about 4 inches in the rear above stock which was about 22 to 26 inches center hub to fender well.It was too much for my non ORP rear shocks.They were maxed out.So I decided to keep stock springs for now with spacer that is about 24.5 inches until I can get some new longer shocks for the rear waiting on maybe Kings Or Fox everybody is shut down here in Ca. the ORP(rear) are almost 2 inches longer side by side 20 inches vs about 18 for stock. I think in the end I am going to use the ORP rear springs with a 1 inch rear spacer and get new front coilover from King Or fox with some new rear shocks as well. I am trying to achieve about 24 in the front and 25 in the rear. Part # 68262686AB that was for a Quad cab.I think it may be a different # for a crew cab.You can call with your vin.

Clyde

Reaction score
I tried looking through the original mopar lift thread as there is someone who added the lift to an ORP truck, and had both ORP springs in front or back. I couldn't find it, but his definitely had rake.

It also could have been in a different thread.....I'll keep looking

edit* Found it

Thank you Sir,

I looked high and low and couldn’t find it.

That set up is exactly what I want, now I’m thinking I’ll just go ahead and have all 4 springs installed.

Keeping some rake makes sense in my scenario, plus I read somewhere on here that guys were losing 4 mpg when leveled out due to loss of aerodynamics.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Clyde

Reaction score
I added the ORP rear springs with the 2 inch rear spacer.I also have a shell and a few hundred lbs of tools.It lifted my truck about 4 inches in the rear above stock which was about 22 to 26 inches center hub to fender well.It was too much for my non ORP rear shocks.They were maxed out.So I decided to keep stock springs for now with spacer that is about 24.5 inches until I can get some new longer shocks for the rear waiting on maybe Kings Or Fox everybody is shut down here in Ca. the ORP(rear) are almost 2 inches longer side by side 20 inches vs about 18 for stock. I think in the end I am going to use the ORP rear springs with a 1 inch rear spacer and get new front coilover from King Or fox with some new rear shocks as well. I am trying to achieve about 24 in the front and 25 in the rear. Part # 68262686AB that was for a Quad cab.I think it may be a different # for a crew cab.You can call with your vin.
Thanks weindog,

Hm... :unsure:
I have the fox shocks (Mopar lift), but I don’t think they are any longer than stock as the rear lift is achieved with spacers.

Atretes1 put the Mopar lift on his ORG truck with no issues...am I missing something?

My truck currently sits @ 23 1/2”front, 24 1/2”rear.

wiendog

Reaction score
The ORP when factory comes with different rear shocks than a non ORP.they are longer shocks to begin with.The ORP springs are definitely stiffer.I would imagine you would get at least an inch to 1.5 of more lift if you added the ORP to the rear.Ihave read somewhere you would probably get another3/4-1 inch if you added to the front.

Zoompastu

Reaction score
I ran icon rear springs (with Bilstien 5100’s) on my last truck and they are available for our new trucks. They are variable rate lift springs. They claim 1.5 inch lift. They are 25% softer than factory springs unloaded then if you have payload or are towing they are 75% stiffer than factory and do a great job at reducing Squat. I really like them a lot. Had 30 rolls of sod in the bed and my a$$ wasn’t dragging. Guy helping me load at the landscape yard thought I had a 2500.
Whether I go Mopar fox or 5100s again I definitely want to implement the icon springs into the mix. That should definitely help maintain the look we want when we have a load. And when I was loaded it was never stiff or jarring

Users who are viewing this thread