5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" Mopar Lift or 2.5" Level

Rich51

Reaction score
Hey, I just bought a 2019 Bighorn 4x4 Black appearance package. I am wondering what you all thought was better. I am trying to decide between a 2.5" leveling kit or just add the Mopar 2' Lift kit. I don't want too much lift as I don't go off road that often but like the look. For now I will keep my stock wheels and tires. I didn't see a comparison on here sorry if I missed this question already.

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, I just bought a 2019 Bighorn 4x4 Black appearance package. I am wondering what you all thought was better. I am trying to decide between a 2.5" leveling kit or just add the Mopar 2' Lift kit. I don't want too much lift as I don't go off road that often but like the look. For now I will keep my stock wheels and tires. I didn't see a comparison on here sorry if I missed this question already.
I got some motofab 2.5' spacers for sale if you go that route.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Measure your rake first if you go with a level kit to determine how much front lift you want. Make sure you measure both sides on an extremely level surface.

If you only want a little bit of lift and don’t go off road, the cost difference between a front level and the mopar lift kit is huge. And with the mopar lift your rear goes up as well, and with stock wheels tires it tends to look kind of funny (imho).

Redone35

Reaction score
I mean front to back
Roger that. Never been asked this before. Help me out on start and end point of measurement. Ground to fender, center of wheel to fender or top of tire to fender? First run at this, just want to make sure I’m giving you good info.

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
Amazon deal 400.00
ReadyLift 66-1921 2'' Leveling Kit with Tubular Upper Control Arms (Non-Air Ride Equipped

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
Here is the seller

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190310-220347_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190310-220347_Chrome.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 248

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Roger that. Never been asked this before. Help me out on start and end point of measurement. Ground to fender, center of wheel to fender or top of tire to fender? First run at this, just want to make sure I’m giving you good info.
ground to bottom of the fender at the center of the wheel should do it .

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Depends on how much the factory suspension/drive line warranty is worth to you. If you think warranty is a none issue then I would do the level kit. It also looks the best.

In all my previous ~10 cars I've thrown the warranty out and always made compromises with livability so I could mod and track the car. This truck is supposed to be my reliable headache free daily driver so I went with the Mopar kit.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As an owner of a 2” Mopar lift for the cost to gain I sayjust do the level if you’re just going for looks.

Users who are viewing this thread