5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" Mopar Lift on Ram Rebel

SynAckuL

Reaction score
Does anyone know definitively whether or not a 2" Mopar lift kit (part P5155797) on a 2019 Ram Rebel will lift the truck a total of 3" (1" stock plus 2" kit) or only 2" (replace 1" stock with 2" kit)? I'm getting the lift kit installed next Monday and don't see paying as much as it costs in parts and labor for only an additional 1" lift (2" total).

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'll net 1" lift over what you have now. The 2" Mopar kit lifts a regular height (read: Non ORG or Rebel) coil sprung truck 2" using new struts, just like how you get your factory 1" lift. So because you're replacing your struts, you lose your 1" to go up 2", for a total gain of 1"

SynAckuL

Reaction score
You'll net 1" lift over what you have now. The 2" Mopar kit lifts a regular height (read: Non ORG or Rebel) coil sprung truck 2" using new struts, just like how you get your factory 1" lift. So because you're replacing your struts, you lose your 1" to go up 2", for a total gain of 1"

Thank you. The dealership is swearing up and down it'll be a 3" total lift. I'd hate to have it installed only to find out that is not the case.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you. The dealership is swearing up and down it'll be a 3" total lift. I'd hate to have it installed only to find out that is not the case.
I believe it should be a 2” additional lift for a total of 3 inches. I know for a fact this is the case with an off-road package equipped truck. The additional 1” is achieved by a larger spring, NOT the strut itself. The 2” from the Mopar kit is achieved by the strut itself. 2” from the strut and 1” from the spring gets you 3” total. The Rebel should be the same way. People have been adding the off-road package springs to this kit to make it equivalent to the Readylift or RC 3.5” kit but having all the parts Mopar.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe it should be a 2” additional lift for a total of 3 inches. I know for a fact this is the case with an off-road package equipped truck. The additional 1” is achieved by a larger spring, NOT the strut itself. The 2” from the Mopar kit is achieved by the strut itself. 2” from the strut and 1” from the spring gets you 3” total. The Rebel should be the same way. People have been adding the off-road package springs to this kit to make it equivalent to the Readylift or RC 3.5” kit but having all the parts Mopar.

I didn't think of this, I forgot that the ORG / Rebel trucks get longer springs.

The Mopar 2" kit states it does not work with Rebel trucks, however, it says nothing about ORG trucks...

OP I may have been wrong here. If the lift is in fact compatible with your Rebel, then you may in fact get 2" of lift on your truck instead of 1". The real question is, will this cause any problems with the UCA and / or other suspension travel issues, as the trucks don't seemed to be designed for more than the 1" lift over non ORG trucks, seeing how even the 2" mopar kit comes with new UCA's

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't think of this, I forgot that the ORG / Rebel trucks get longer springs.

The Mopar 2" kit states it does not work with Rebel trucks, however, it says nothing about ORG trucks...

OP I may have been wrong here. If the lift is in fact compatible with your Rebel, then you may in fact get 2" of lift on your truck instead of 1". The real question is, will this cause any problems with the UCA and / or other suspension travel issues, as the trucks don't seemed to be designed for more than the 1" lift over non ORG trucks, seeing how even the 2" mopar kit comes with new UCA's
The suspension will be pushed to the outer limits but should be ok. This will make it comparable to the Readylift/RC 3.5" lifts, probably a half inch or so less. The biggest worry would be the UCAs. He will be replacing them with the Mopar lift, but don't know how well those UCAs will hold up to the extra inch he will have. If nothing else, could always upgrade to the Readylift UCAs in the future and shouldn't have a problem.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The suspension will be pushed to the outer limits but should be ok. This will make it comparable to the Readylift/RC 3.5" lifts, probably a half inch or so less. The biggest worry would be the UCAs. He will be replacing them with the Mopar lift, but don't know how well those UCAs will hold up to the extra inch he will have. If nothing else, could always upgrade to the Readylift UCAs in the future and shouldn't have a problem.

This is exactly correct. That’s why they say not compatible on Rebel. You’ll also even see that on the ReadyLift 3.5 SST they state on the website that it is not to be used off-road at all. They know they are stretching it. Mainly the CV joints.

SynAckuL

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I had planned on using this setup for overlanding, so is the general consensus that new UCAs are needed? The truck and lift are warrantied. I was also going to add a 2" leveling kit on the front to make the truck level, but then the front would be raised 5" and the rear 3". No one at the dealership said anything about needing new UCAs, so I'm not sure if they're just going to install it and then not warranty it later if something breaks during overlanding.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I had planned on using this setup for overlanding, so is the general consensus that new UCAs are needed? The truck and lift are warrantied. I was also going to add a 2" leveling kit on the front to make the truck level, but then the front would be raised 5" and the rear 3". No one at the dealership said anything about needing new UCAs, so I'm not sure if they're just going to install it and then not warranty it later if something breaks during overlanding.
Absolutely no way you could do the 2” leveling kit on top of that. Your cv angles will be terrible and will almost be guaranteed to tear something up. Anything more than 3.5” of lift in the front you need a differential drop. The Mopar Lift already has new UCAs included in it so you are covered there, the question is just how they will hold up to 3” of lift compared to the 2” of lift they are designed for. I would use the ones included in the kit, then if you have issues with them I would swap them out to the Readylift UCAs. If you’re having all this done at the dealership and they are saying they will warranty everything I wouldn’t worry about much.

SynAckuL

Reaction score
Well, come to find out the lift kit that was ordered would not work even though the dealership called the distributor to validate the part number. The spring would not fit over the shock. They had to put everything back and they confirmed with FCA that their is no Mopar lift available for the Rebel.

So it looks like I'll be checking out a ReadyLift kit.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, come to find out the lift kit that was ordered would not work even though the dealership called the distributor to validate the part number. The spring would not fit over the shock. They had to put everything back and they confirmed with FCA that their is no Mopar lift available for the Rebel.

So it looks like I'll be checking out a ReadyLift kit.
Just change out the front struts with the struts off of the off-road package truck. They are under $100 bucks each and will give you the same exact lift as what the Rebel struts did.

Aviator72

Reaction score
Does anyone know definitively whether or not a 2" Mopar lift kit (part P5155797) on a 2019 Ram Rebel will lift the truck a total of 3" (1" stock plus 2" kit) or only 2" (replace 1" stock with 2" kit)? I'm getting the lift kit installed next Monday and don't see paying as much as it costs in parts and labor for only an additional 1" lift (2" total).

Hey guys .....for those of you who own the 2019 Ram REBEL and are considering the Mopar 2 inch lift. Something that isn’t mentioned in the kit details. The front lower spring coil seat bracket (figure #21 Mopar installation manual, pictured below) which is slid over the factory (yellow) billstein shock and supports the front spring from the bottom, has a bigger opening in which to slide over the larger diameter bilstein shock. When attempting to install the complete Mopar 2 inch lift on the REBEL, you will not be able to use the supplied Fox front struts. Basically, you would likely only use the new UCA’s and the top spacer, but retain the original bilstein shock and spring. Should you want to use the front supplied Fox strut/shock, you will have to use the lower seat support bracket from a different 2019 Ram 1500 model. I have learned this from a Ram dealership who lifts these 2019 1500’s.

Also, this dealership only mentioned that as a solution but has not tested the theory. It’s hard to find out if the front springs on the REBEL model are the same dimension as the springs on the other Ram models or if there would be a compatibility issue. It is the spring that gives the REBEL its factory stance, which is higher then the stock 2019 Ram’s. 7634178F-5433-4364-A0D6-B3D3D97A1F7A.png

Naylorkyle

Reaction score

[/QUOTE

does anybody know the part number for the bigger spring? I want to add the 2” lift and the larger spring to get 3”.

Lalom84

Reaction score
I'd like to follow up on this thread. I have a 2020 Rebel. Is there a good lift kit you'd recommend that is not a basic spacer level kit? Something that would still give a somewhat factory ride or better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online