5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" drop in rear, thinking about Hellwig sway bar

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
I've already purchased the Accessory Partners 2" drop springs and they're on the way. I was thinking about also throwing in the Hellwig sway bar at the same time. If I do, are relocation brackets needed / required?

TIA

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nothing is required for a 2" rear drop other than basic tools and a frosty beverage

PsychoBilly

Reaction score
I am looking at the bar as well and have already done the springs. From what I have read no you will not need the brackets.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I will add that I re-located the rear sway links. There is another hole above the factory location on the frame without a welded nut that I used to effectively "shorten" the link. I don't think it was necessary but the bar did seem low, will eventually get 2" shorter links. These factory ones are trash anyways

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
I will add that I re-located the rear sway links. There is another hole above the factory location on the frame without a welded nut that I used to effectively "shorten" the link. I don't think it was necessary but the bar did seem low, will eventually get 2" shorter links. These factory ones are trash anyways

It seems like it would be "cheap insurance". Does anyone currently make the shorter links?

Users who are viewing this thread