5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#2 CYL Misfire P0302 (Fixed)

AllAmer1719

Reaction score
Nothing worse than being 7 hours away from home with little tools and time constraints. Fortunately was able to make back home.

Felt engine running rough and made it down the street about a mile before CEL came on. Always keep code reader in truck if anyone or myself need. Latched code P0302. So I change the plugs as that will be quick. I am past due plug change since im at 125k miles according to OEM. No change in issue.

Swap Ignition coil. No change. Ran two cans of Berrymans injector cleaner on the way home. Still present after 7 hours drive.

Swapped Fuel Injector on same rail. Issue cleared.

I had planned on changing the Fuel Injector Before swapping but Wife wanted to make sure that was the issue. Most local part stores other than dealer dont carry it, you have to special order. It was Sunday so dealer part centers werent open.

Nonetheless, wanted to share experience with others who may come across this issue. I thought maybe I had bad gas from station on the way to Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread