5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" BDS suspension lift kit or Bilstein B8 6112/5100 leveling set?

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
so I'm weighing my options here and have come down to these two options with keeping my stock wheels i want to put on 285/65r20 Toyo OC AT3 tires. just wanted your guys opinions. the BDS lift is 2x the price of the the Billsteins, wanted to know the difference and if it's worth the money for the BDS or just stick with the Bilstein level? what is the honest difference really? will it ruin the ride quality? my main thing is I'm big on reliability, will either of these ruin the truck somehow down the line? are both of these reliable and good decent kits? just for reference: my truck carries a 450 dirt bike and a 450 quad in the bed and i go to Glamis, CA to ride, so some sand and dirt driving about 4 times a year. i also tow a small 19ft jet boat on a trailor to the river so backing on a wet concrete ramp to load and unload thats about 6 times a year, and i drive it up north Arizona to flagstaff in some minor snow thats about 3 times a year so, nothing crazy. other than that.... my truck is on pavment or parked in a garage the rest of the time. I put under 10k a year on trucks. also based on the tires i want with stock rims... will i need to get UCAs with the kits?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Grab 6112/5160 with Bilstein rear coils. The ride is great! I've ran this setup on my 4th Gen with no issues. I never towed, so that would be the only thing to look into. It doesn't seem like you're towing much though.

Users who are viewing this thread