5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.5" Lift/Level - Opinion of my Selections

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I never posted a picture of the truck, just the ball joints. Oops.

Here it is. I just put the flares on today. Thinking about going a little bigger on the tires, but still up in the air on that. I've gotta see what I can get out of the current set if I do.

Attachments

• flares installed (3).jpg
    flares installed (3).jpg
    625.4 KB · Views: 42

johna151730

Reaction score

Here it is. I just put the flares on today. Thinking about going a little bigger on the tires, but still up in the air on that. I've gotta see what I can get out of the current set if I do.
How is the Bakflip MX4?

st102688

Reaction score

No worries! It looks great, love the color too! I've always had gunmetal / gray vehicles -- you can never go wrong with it! I sure do wish my truck was as clean as yours too.

Salomi

Reaction score
I just did the 5100's on 2.6" level 7 lift in the front and a 1.5" spacer in the rear, you have a 1" rake from ground to top of wheel well but looks level. I'm using stock UCA's because the bilstiens are only 1in longer over all, the other 1.5" is achieved with spring preload. so techically the UCA's never see an angle more than what they would with the OEM off-road kit. I tow with mine and with 700lbs of tongue weight on a WDH and airbags it squats more than that 1" so I would recommend going with a 2" rear if you tow or go with some HD rear springs which is going to probably be my next upgrade. the 5100's do a great job of stopping seesawing that can happen when towing over uneven roads.
Where did you purchase your level kit from? I have a Dodge Ram Laramie 2014 and I went to Rock Auto and they have the level kit. They also have 4” lift kit for my truck. So do you think just go with the level kit?

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How is the Bakflip MX4?
It great. I've had many different covers over the years, and this is the best on so far. It folds all the way to the cab for almost compete access. There are two quick screws (hand knobs so no tools required) to completely remove it if you want a full unimpeded cargo area. Well thought out, I like it lot.

dannymcd

Reaction score
Where did you purchase your level kit from? I have a Dodge Ram Laramie 2014 and I went to Rock Auto and they have the level kit. They also have 4” lift kit for my truck. So do you think just go with the level kit?
If you tow a bigger trailer just go with the lift/level kit. If you don't, go with a bigger lift kit. That $3-400 on the 5100's makes a pretty big dent in the 6" lift kit price. That is I'm assuming you're installing it yourself, if not,cost of the parts and install becomes a bigger point of consideration. I love the way my truck looks with the Bilsteins/spacer lift and 34" tires but if I didn't tow a 30' 7k# trailer behind it I would've went with a 6" lift and 35-36's. I also have 1.5" spacers that I take off during the camping/towing season that really makes the stance look great.

Users who are viewing this thread