5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.5” level control arm interference issue

zippozach

Reaction score
Hey y’all, hunted like crazy and haven’t seen anyone ever deal with this so wondering if I’m just doing something very wrong.
installing ready lift UCA’s and motofab 2.5” level. got everything apart, put thespacer on top of strut, in order to get it backin I had to have someone push the lower control arm down against the resistance of its bushing, now that it is in there, the lower control arm is so low to match up with bottom strut mount that it actually interfereswith strut’s gas cylinder, and the top of the strut sits with two screws level and the outboard oneonly half seated. Even if I can manage to cram everything together, seems to me that the “bump stop” in this setup would be the strut prying against its top 3 bolts, while its lowercylinder smacks in to the lower control arm... what is going on here?
First photo shows strut against control arm, second shows upper bolts, all three nuts are flush with top of bolt to give an idea of the unevenness.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 51

Rollint

Reaction score
Hey y’all, hunted like crazy and haven’t seen anyone ever deal with this so wondering if I’m just doing something very wrong.
installing ready lift UCA’s and motofab 2.5” level. got everything apart, put thespacer on top of strut, in order to get it backin I had to have someone push the lower control arm down against the resistance of its bushing, now that it is in there, the lower control arm is so low to match up with bottom strut mount that it actually interfereswith strut’s gas cylinder, and the top of the strut sits with two screws level and the outboard oneonly half seated. Even if I can manage to cram everything together, seems to me that the “bump stop” in this setup would be the strut prying against its top 3 bolts, while its lowercylinder smacks in to the lower control arm... what is going on here?
First photo shows strut against control arm, second shows upper bolts, all three nuts are flush with top of bolt to give an idea of the unevenness.
I think we are gonna need some photos a from a bit further back to actually see what is going on

zippozach

Reaction score
Here is some more. You can sorta see the gap from motofab spacer to gram where it is angled. On bottom you can see interference actually keeps me from being able to get lower bolt all the way through strut.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 49

zippozach

Reaction score
Never mind pulled passenger side and I see they aren’t symmetrical. I’ll swap them hopefully that solves it all

zippozach

Reaction score
swaps sides, no change. Same interference top and bottom. I played with stuff as I took apart passenger side, the top flex I’m not worried about looks like the strut has the ability to flex build in. So it’s just this bottom end interference. How on earth are y’all making this work ok?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 21

zippozach

Reaction score
Just for kicks I pulled off the motofab 2.5” and put on the 2” that came with ready lift UCA’s, they fit fine with no interference. I’ll still have a half inch of rake but I’m willing to accept that in exchange for not worrying about breaking something on install or while driving.

Rollint

Reaction score
Could motofab have sent the wrong piece? Did you double check part #?

Users who are viewing this thread