5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2/4 maxtrac lowering kit with aftermarket cat back

Wadlum22

Reaction score
Hey so i just ordered my maxtrac 2/4 lowering kit and one of the reviews has me pretty hung up. Dude said that "there isn't a bunch of clearance between the bed and axle so don't buy this kit if you want an aftermarket catback exhaust system". It's expected to have less clearance after lowering, but is it that close to where a 2.5" pipe (vs the stock 2.25") would make a difference? My next purchase was going to be a borla system, so it would be nice to hear from someone before I order it. Thanks!

soSincerious

Reaction score
In theory, if the aftermarket system matches the bends of the factory setup, a 1/4 inch difference in pipe diameter shouldn't be make or break.

I'd be willing to bet it's a matter of positioning the aftermarket system to make it jive. Put it this way: if people aren't having issues with a 2/4 or even 3/5 drop on a stock exhaust, why would 1/4 inch make a difference?

Wadlum22

Reaction score
That's a good point. Didn't even think of the 3/5 drop. Thanks for the input

Users who are viewing this thread