5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" - 4" Lift kit with OEM Wheels on ORP

Cven3414

Reaction score
I'm new to modifying trucks even though this is my third Ram. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 CC 6'4" bed ORP and I'm looking to add some ground clearance and a better approach angle. I would prefer to keep some rake but okay with leveling if needed. I want to keep my stock rims though and try to keep the ride as close to stock as possible. I do go off roading which is why I'm doing this so I would like a quality lift. I have looked at the 3" Fabtech coilovers, 4" BDS, and others and they all seem to require aftermarket rims. Is there any quality lift that doesn't require after market rims? I'm looking to lift it just enough that I can use 285/75/R18. Thanks

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't imagine the 3" Fabtech lift would need aftermarket wheels. All that does is swap out the UCA and strut. Typically lift kits require aftermarket wheels because the factory wheels don't have enough clearance from the redesigned knuckle.

ChuckH

Reaction score
Just went through this myself. Almost all of the aftermarket UCAs will require less offset. Wheel spacers were highly discouraged for off-road use. The Mopar UCAs for the two inch lift is about the only option you will have if you don’t want to change rims or use a wheel spacer. I would not go over three inches from the standard height. I have a 34.8 inch tires and I have a little bit of a rub when full lock in reverse with a two inch lift. I haven’t determined what it is hitting yet.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just went through this myself. Almost all of the aftermarket UCAs will require less offset. Wheel spacers were highly discouraged for off-road use. The Mopar UCAs for the two inch lift is about the only option you will have if you don’t want to change rims or use a wheel spacer. I would not go over three inches from the standard height. I have a 34.8 inch tires and I have a little bit of a rub when full lock in reverse with a two inch lift. I haven’t determined what it is hitting yet.
The issue with the control arms is likely no more than needing to use a slimmer tire. Your typical 33 or 35x12.50 will rub the UCA because there isn’t enough clearance. People who run 11.5 wides have no issue. Many people run the Readylift and RC 3.5” lifts with their new UCAs and stock wheels and have not had any issues with them.

Cven3414

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I didn't really think I would need new rims if I went with 11.5. I also prefer the narrower tire. I thought about the Readylift but after reading reviews on here and having the ORP I wouldn't want to go that route. I think the Mopar lift is probably my best bet but I really liked the 3" Fabtech.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
I just installed my Mopar lift today and am super happy with it. I do use my truck for off-road Use too, which is why I went this route. Let me tell you...the fox shocks are a night and diff from the OEM ones as well. I am going to run 285/65r20 on mine but did order after market wheels with a 0 offset. We shall see!

ChuckH

Reaction score
Good move on the wheels! They look good. I kept the factory wheels and my tires rub some.

Cven3414

Reaction score
I just installed my Mopar lift today and am super happy with it. I do use my truck for off-road Use too, which is why I went this route. Let me tell you...the fox shocks are a night and diff from the OEM ones as well. I am going to run 285/65r20 on mine but did order after market wheels with a 0 offset. We shall see!
What was the part number on the Mopar lift? I have contacted a couple dealerships in the Denver area about the Mopar lift and getting conflicting information. One said they don't even have a lift for DT Rams and the other is telling me I will only get 1 in lift over my stock ORP. Thats a nice looking setup though.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
What was the part number on the Mopar lift? I have contacted a couple dealerships in the Denver area about the Mopar lift and getting conflicting information. One said they don't even have a lift for DT Rams and the other is telling me I will only get 1 in lift over my stock ORP. Thats a nice looking setup though.
Thanks! The ride is awesome...Fox shocks are so much better than OEM.

Same thing here on trying to get the part...local dealer did not even know this existed. This is the link for the AC part but they are still shipping the AB part (that was what mine was).

Bobbybob

Reaction score
So did you actually gain 2 inches on top of the 1 inch lift from the orp. I have been wanting to lift my orp bighorn but keep getting conflicting info from the dealerships.
I did not measure before I installed it so not exactly too sure what the gain was. I just needed enough to run a larger tire and it was plenty for what I needed. I did not want an obnoxious lift on it but enough to be practical for Colorado trails. Here is where i am at now with measurements from ground to fender (remember this is a taller tire 65 vs 55):

Front
E90A7BA5-73DA-44A5-8FB9-7BE4CC77DDF1.jpeg

Rear
95408BDD-CE87-41E7-8D37-CFDE5F4BB205.jpeg

rugerjw

Reaction score
I did not measure before I installed it so not exactly too sure what the gain was. I just needed enough to run a larger tire and it was plenty for what I needed. I did not want an obnoxious lift on it but enough to be practical for Colorado trails. Here is where i am at now with measurements from ground to fender (remember this is a taller tire 65 vs 55):

Front
View attachment 75170

Rear
View attachment 75171
Well either way it looks good and it looks based on your measurement to have lessened the amount of factory rake a bit as well. Did you install it yourself or the dealer? I had asked about ordering it for the orp and one dealer said i could not put it on the orp. I called another dealer and was told I could but then another person I talked to said it would only raise it an inch due to the factory lift and I have just received so much conflicting info. But based on what I see with yours I think I will just pull the trigger. I am assuming the front lift is achieved with longer struts but also the lower coil seat position on the strut itself. Thanks for the reply by the way.

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score

Front
View attachment 75170

Rear
View attachment 75171
Hi, I have exactly the same truck as yours, and also installed the Mopar lift, but it’s the first gen lift without updated front shocks. And I hate the rake I still have. Yours look amazing, it’s what I wanted. Did you also installed the ORP springs or just the lift. ?

Attachments

• 46CC46CB-9B92-497A-889E-135BE7FAEA1B.jpeg
    46CC46CB-9B92-497A-889E-135BE7FAEA1B.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 129
  • E2CBDAAA-4BAA-4A73-8907-A21D7E5D7DA9.jpeg
    E2CBDAAA-4BAA-4A73-8907-A21D7E5D7DA9.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 124

Bobbybob

Reaction score
Well either way it looks good and it looks based on your measurement to have lessened the amount of factory rake a bit as well. Did you install it yourself or the dealer? I had asked about ordering it for the orp and one dealer said i could not put it on the orp. I called another dealer and was told I could but then another person I talked to said it would only raise it an inch due to the factory lift and I have just received so much conflicting info. But based on what I see with yours I think I will just pull the trigger. I am assuming the front lift is achieved with longer struts but also the lower coil seat position on the strut itself. Thanks for the reply by the way.
Thanks...installed it with a buddy of mine and it’s not too bad of a job. However, we Had access to a shop compressor. Took the front struts apart in 5 minutes because if that. That‘s the biggest pain in all this. Yes, the lift is achin Ed by the longer struts in the front and spacers in the rear. I will also say that the ride is better than stock. So you get the lift but also a super awesome ride. The Fox shocks are worth it. I ordered mine online so did not pay dealer prices. I called my local to see if they could match and the laughed when I told him how much I paid for it. He said couldn’t even come close.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
Hi, I have exactly the same truck as yours, and also installed the Mopar lift, but it’s the first gen lift without updated front shocks. And I hate the rake I still have. Yours look amazing, it’s what I wanted. Did you also installed the ORP springs or just the lift. ?
Thanks...my truck already had the ORP so it had the springs stock. Silver for the win! Wheels look great too.

rugerjw

Reaction score
Just put the mopar lift on my orp truck and man did it lift it. I get it aligned on Monday and then my next investment will be wheels and a bit larger tires as the wheel wells are feeling a bit empty now.

Attachments

• 20201129_054309.jpg
    20201129_054309.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 20201210_155749.jpg
    20201210_155749.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 178

Jsyjud

Reaction score
Just put the mopar lift on my orp truck and man did it lift it. I get it aligned on Monday and then my next investment will be wheels and a bit larger tires as the wheel wells are feeling a bit empty now.
What size tires are you going to run? I ran 285/65 and they seem to fill out the wheel well nice but not too much and no rubbing.

rugerjw

Reaction score
What size tires are you going to run? I ran 285/65 and they seem to fill out the wheel well nice but not too much and no rubbing.
I'm not really sure yet. I will really start looking after Christmas but not sure if I want to go with an 18 or a 20 inch rim but I would like to end up with something close to like a 34 x 11.5 so I will have to figure out what wheels first and then try and get a metric close to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online