5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 “ leveling kit suspension issues

Reaction score
I have a new 2020 1500 Laramie with air ride and just had a mopar 2” leveling kit installed and now I’m having a suspension issue. Now when I hit pot holes or any quick drop in the pavement it’s like the suspension has no resistance at all it slams like it’s bottoming out. It never did this before the kit was installed. It handle fine and most rough road bumps are fine but for instance going over a bridge where the pavement has settled a little bit after the bridge it slams down weird. Any feedback??

Ppkaprince98

Reaction score
I dont have air ride but you would think something is going on there. Maybe it didnt get hooked back up correct and is not functioning properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maconi

Reaction score
They may have let too much gas out of the air suspension (didn't lower it to entry/exit mode and put the truck in Jack Mode to disable auto-adjustments).

I've seen people who use Air links/Revel links say you need to use the Daystar spacers to prevent harsh bouncing. I don't know if the Mopar kit comes with something similar (it specifically says it's not for air suspension but then again neither are the Daystars so who knows).

Reaction score
They may have let too much gas out of the air suspension (didn't lower it to entry/exit mode and put the truck in Jack Mode to disable auto-adjustments).

I've seen people who use Air links/Revel links say you need to use the Daystar spacers to prevent harsh bouncing. I don't know if the Mopar kit comes with something similar (it specifically says it's not for air suspension but then again neither are the Daystars so who knows).

So it wasn’t the mopar 2” lift that was installed it was the rough country 2” leveling kit. It’s just two brackets that changes the positioning of the Oem air ride sensors. Thinking about having them remove it if they can’t straighten it out and having the revel performance day star kit installed looks like a better kit. Is there any feedback for these kits installed on a 5th gen air ride?

Reaction score
So it wasn’t the mopar 2” lift that was installed it was the rough country 2” leveling kit. It’s just two brackets that changes the positioning of the Oem air ride sensors. Thinking about having them remove it if they can’t straighten it out and having the revel performance day star kit installed looks like a better kit. Is there any feedback for these kits installed on a 5th gen air ride?

Gooseface

Reaction score
Forgive the stupidity of this response. I have been reading threads and posts and videos non-stop trying to figure this out. I have purchased the Daystar spacers and the Revel links because that seems to be what works the best for ride and the bigger tires. Waiting on my install. In the meantime, I went ahead and put on the new tires on the OEM wheels. 285/55/22 Toyo OC AT/3. I DO have some rubbing at the extreme turns and it appears to be at the splash guards/well liner.
My question is I fail to see how leveling and spacers will alleviate this. The rubs occur at the horizontal axis at full turn, and only in reverse for some reason. Raising the suspension 2" with the links is similar to OR2. that does not alleviate the horizontal clearance.
Any input from those that have done this?

Users who are viewing this thread