5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st week impressions - 3 annoying issues with the interior of my Limited

JeffK2019

Reaction score
Ok don't get me wrong, I love the truck so far - just going to have to adjust as with any new vehicle.

But 3 interior issues that jump out at me and are annoying imo:
1. Who puts raised stitching and a LIMITED logo on/in the arm rest? It's for my arm. I use it a lot! The raised LIMITED logo is very annoying and not comfortable on my arm.
2. Stitching up on the dash - there is a reason dashes are normally single color - reflective surfaces in the windshield. The dash stitching on the LIMITED reflects back off the windshield something fierce in full sun. Once you notice it........
3. Shiny black trim pieces on dash - they are like a laser light when the sun hits them, pretty brutal. Luckily it's not that many surfaces. And they need dusting pretty much daily!!

Ok I had a 4th but I have seen others post on it already - but wow the steering wheel gets REALLY hot in the sun. I can't wait till July/Aug here in Cali.........

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Ok don't get me wrong, I love the truck so far - just going to have to adjust as with any new vehicle.

1. Who puts raised stitching and a LIMITED logo on/in the arm rest? It's for my arm. I use it a lot! The raised LIMITED logo is very annoying and not comfortable on my arm.
2. Stitching up on the dash - there is a reason dashes are normally single color - reflective surfaces in the windshield. The dash stitching on the LIMITED reflects back off the windshield something fierce in full sun. Once you notice it........
3. Shiny black trim pieces on dash - they are like a laser light when the sun hits them, pretty brutal. Luckily it's not that many surfaces. And they need dusting pretty much daily!!

Ok I had a 4th but I have seen others post on it already - but wow the steering wheel gets REALLY hot in the sun. I can't wait till July/Aug here in Cali.........
Well... None of those, not a single one, have been an issue with mine. You must have sensitive forearms and eyes... :p

Kyle_1252002

Reaction score
I thought the same about the steering wheel! I sat in a Limited on a dealer lot yesterday. It was around 80 degrees, but the “wood” part of the steering wheel was scorching hot...not sure how nice it’ll feel come July when it’s 100 degrees.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I thought the same about the steering wheel! I sat in a Limited on a dealer lot yesterday. It was around 80 degrees, but the “wood” part of the steering wheel was scorching hot...not sure how nice it’ll feel come July when it’s 100 degrees.
All steering wheels get hot if left in full sun... This is not news.

Kyle_1252002

Reaction score
All steering wheels get hot if left in full sun... This is not news.
Thank you for the astute observation Captain Obvious.

The “wood” surface at the top of the wheel felt quite a bit warmer than the adjacent leather did; so much so that it'll sway me to look at a leather steering wheel cover when I purchase my Limited.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score

No issues with any of the above. The piano black trim does show fingerprints but it's still great looking trim.

Ram92131

Reaction score
My Grand Cherokee has the same wheel design with wood on the upper portion. It’s dark brown as opposed to black in these trucks. But it too gets very hot in the summer SoCal sun. I just don’t touch that part at first, and it’s been totally normal for me for the 8 years I’ve owned it.

Ram92131

Reaction score
The other thing is that the heated wheel has a different surface temp on the wood part. So much that it can be comfortable on the leather and too hot on the wood. But again, not a problem.

Ram92131

Reaction score

Nice build, BTW. If I were going to order that’s exactly the truck I’d spec. If the truck I’m about to close a deal on doesn’t work out then I may go that route and order your truck’s twin.

alangsam

Reaction score

On would get a ceramic tint on the windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a wood grain steering wheel once, same thing. Glad to see nothing’s changed in the last decade.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
RE: hot steering wheel - this is why some people cut the wheel left or right, just enough so that the top dead center is on the bottom when parked. I do this when parked into the sun as well.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. I need to get a sunshade, especially since ram was kind of enough to not allow ac seats in the rebel.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. I need to get a sunshade, especially since ram was kind of enough to not allow ac seats in the rebel.
That's what I use. It will also extend the life of dash and other components inside the cabin.

Users who are viewing this thread