5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Truck?

Baltic

Reaction score
I'm closer to getting this Ram. Will be my first truck.

Anybody else?
I've got my 1st truck too, after my all sporty and last maxima, which1 I tadeded in in my new beast ram 1500 19 sport.
I love it, now I know what it means king on the road

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very cool. What brought you guys to a truck?

I've always liked bigger vehicles because of the roominess. With a truck, I also love the idea of sitting higher for a better view.

The HUGE fuel tank also sold me.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was my first truck too. I’ve always owned cars. I’ve always loved Rams though. My dad had a 2002 SLT. Then a 2010 SLT. Loved both generations. This new one I just bought, best truck I’ve ever seen exterior wise and interior. I would pay an extra $6,000 for this truck. Love the all black look with the Laramie headlights. Best purchase yet.

Attachments

• 1ADEEB3E-39A1-485A-A36F-0C619D125FA3.jpeg
    1ADEEB3E-39A1-485A-A36F-0C619D125FA3.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 30

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. Not 5 or 7, but an extra 6 grand even.

Sweet, Ortiz. No Rambox?

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. Not 5 or 7, but an extra 6 grand even.

Sweet, Ortiz. No Rambox?
Yeah, no ram box. I’m not fond of the outline of the ram box. Plus honestly, I don’t really use the truck for what it’s for. I just got it because from time to time, I’ll load a few boxes that couldn’t fit my car at work. Nothing heavy, just big. I could have gone with a smaller truck. But I said screw that. I’m all about looks. And this Ram has that outside and inside. Sexy beast. And the 12” screen just is beautiful. So $50 - $60 thousand for a truck just to hold a few boxes and other things from time to time? Yeah, I’m good with it and I don’t care. I get what I want. As long as I have enough to pay for it, it’s worth it for me.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Boom. That's me exactly. I work inside. Don't "need" a truck... but why not?

The heaviest thing my Rambox will see is a laptop bag. Hoping I don't get a dirtbike or something and miss the bigger bed of a non-Rambox truck.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Boom. That's me exactly. I work inside. Don't "need" a truck... but why not?

The heaviest thing my Rambox will see is a laptop bag. Hoping I don't get a dirtbike or something and miss the bigger bed of a non-Rambox truck.
There’s no need to worry. The floor space of a RamBox-equipped truck is every bit as wide as a regular bed, aside from fore/aft of the wheel wells (e.g. you can still lay sheets of plywood flat). I didn’t feel like I was compromising at all, and I gained two lockable trunks.

Creep0321

Reaction score
There’s no need to worry. The floor space of a RamBox-equipped truck is every bit as wide as a regular bed, aside from fore/aft of the wheel wells (e.g. you can still lay sheets of plywood flat). I didn’t feel like I was compromising at all, and I gained two lockable trunks.
I definitely agree, I was scared to get the rambox though based on expected payload for towing in the future :/ .

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I definitely agree, I was scared to get the rambox though based on expected payload for towing in the future :/ .
Well, that’s true. If you saw my payload sticker, you’d laugh...my truck is just barely a 1/2-ton ;)

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll do it then and give Rambox a go. The only big hauling I may do is moving a couch or washer/dryer and it seems those should fit no problem.

The idea is creeping into my head that the 1500 payload is conservative...? But I'm no expert.

The reason I say that is the door sticker GVWR/payload on my Durango is 7100/1200... which is close to some Rams but I don't even have a frame, much less a high strength steel one.

Last edited:

Maple

Reaction score
This is my first truck, picked it up so it's easier to throw stuff in and go on a road trip /camping /general vacation. Last vehicle we had a roof cargo box, a hitch cargo tray for more stuff, and still couldn't bring things like bikes. Arranging stuff took an hour to make sure it wouldn't fall over and squish the dog. With the truck, throw everything we might need in in ten minutes, dog jumps in the back seat and away we go. And I only have to stop for gas once a day. :)

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is my first truck, picked it up so it's easier to throw stuff in and go on a road trip /camping /general vacation. Last vehicle we had a roof cargo box, a hitch cargo tray for more stuff, and still couldn't bring things like bikes. Arranging stuff took an hour to make sure it wouldn't fall over and squish the dog. With the truck, throw everything we might need in in ten minutes, dog jumps in the back seat and away we go. And I only have to stop for gas once a day. :)

The 33 gallon tank is a HUGE positive factor. Even though I bash the 2019 GM Sierra/Silverado at every chance, there are some great things in those truck. But with only a 24 gallon tank and no option for a bigger one... that's a non-negotiable deal breaker.

For me, trucks have been one of the best kept secrets. I mean I had no idea they had this much comfort, convenience, and usability.

Users who are viewing this thread