5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Truck - New to Ram

AMeis8

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. My name is Andy. I'm from Quarantined, NJ.

Bought my first truck after about 4 months of looking. I originally was set on an F-150 but after test driving my Bighorn with the Hemi I quickly changed my mind. I was working from home due to the COVID precautions and decided to go for a ride. During my drive, I was contacted by the local dealership showing interest in trading for my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I told them that I wasn't looking to make a move that morning but if I was going to consider a Ram it would have to be a black night edition. This was two days before NJ closed all non-essential business so they were looking to get any deals done. Bottom line, I was the only one in the dealership and they let me take the truck home to show the wife. Later that day, they gave me their initial offer which was about $100 over what I was willing to spend. I said I would return the truck and appreciated the offer but by the time I got back to the dealership they came down to my price range and threw in the spray in bed and tri-fold cover. I was hooked. The Hemi was an added bonus but the heated seats and the 8 inch uconnect was the icing on the cake. I know the dealership can mess with the numbers but they took my jeep with at least 3k of negative equity and added what looks to be about 14k of incentives to get the deal done. I'm sure they made out but I'm pretty happy, especially since Ford couldn't come close to this deal. By the way, I was in and out of the finance department within 20 minutes. It took longer for them to detail the truck!

Anyway, I've already tinted the front window and ordered the APS Drop Steps. Then will add a drop in K&N filter soon after. Already submitted the BonusDrive app!

Looking forward to reading more on this site.

Attachments

• 20200319_151720.jpg
    20200319_151720.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200319_183315.jpg
    20200319_183315.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 39

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sheesh, that's a once in a very long time kinda deal you got... :)
Now file for the $250 Bonus Drive rebate (Google Bonus Drive) or go onto the new members threads and look for where Patsy has given the link.
It works, there's no spamming, takes 6-8 weeks and hundreds of us have gotten it (you do have a qualification to get past though)
So there could be $250 more off your cost up in the Republic of NJ...

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Welcome from Nj and congrats. As stated above if you have any other non fca vehicle in the house go grab an extra $250. See below.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

AMeis8

Reaction score
Already got the email saying that they are confirming with the dealership. Assuming this is normal, this is a great find and a great example as to why these forums are great. Much appreciated!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Already got the email saying that they are confirming with the dealership. Assuming this is normal, this is a great find and a great example as to why these forums are great. Much appreciated!
Most of us are pretty helpful, don’t know about patsy though... she’s pretty quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread