5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st time ram owner

bobbelcher13116

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 Ram 1500 laramie with sport edition in delmonico red pearlcoat color. its got the 3.92 axle and HD shocks, 12" 4c uconnect, panoramic sunroof, and a ton of other goodies.

I came from a 16 f150 that was trouble from day 1. So far the ride is exponentially better. I am going to do a move of the sharkfin antenna as the darn thing juuuuust squeaks thru my garage door.

interesting fact that I learned about my truck, it started its life at the dealership 15 mins away from my house. someone bought it and owned it via lease for a couple years and had it serviced at the dealership regularly. then it was sold to someone 3.5 hours away in another state and that person had it for a couple years and then traded it in to a dealership 2 hours away from me and now its back in its old home town.

im excited to learn about this truck. I already have many questions and have been doing tons of research learning the ins and outs of things like uconnect and what not.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not too sure that you can move the shark fin. There is a cutout in the roof specifically for it. You might be able to get a lower profile antenna? I’m curious to see what you come up with. Good luck and welcome to the Forum!

bobbelcher13116

Reaction score
When I do it I plan on taking pics and or video to share online because I've searched so much and found a ton of ppl asking about this and I thought it was a lost cause. But then I found a thread on a different forum where a guy did it successfully. He gave just enough information where I feel comfortable enough tackling the job and it should cost under 10 dollars.
I’m not too sure that you can move the shark fin. There is a cutout in the roof specifically for it. You might be able to get a lower profile antenna? I’m curious to see what you come up with. Good luck and welcome to the Forum!

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I do it I plan on taking pics and or video to share online because I've searched so much and found a ton of ppl asking about this and I thought it was a lost cause. But then I found a thread on a different forum where a guy did it successfully. He gave just enough information where I feel comfortable enough tackling the job and it should cost under 10 dollars.
I look forward to seeing the results. I do wish there were some options to replace the shark fin, even if it was just a flat style antenna.

bobbelcher13116

Reaction score
I look forward to seeing the results. I do wish there were some options to replace the shark fin, even if it was just a flat style antenna.
from my research the fin design is important with the 2-3 antennas that are in it. But the location of it isn't all that important. Manufacturers need to start looking at these vehicles and know they have built that so large that many people cant fit them in their garages and they should be looking at ways to make them smaller where they can.

I dont know if I will get to it this weekend as I have family coming or what not, but also there is a time in the next couple weeks when I will have some down time and I will definitely be doing it at that time if i dont get to it before hand.

rnaude241

Reaction score
from my research the fin design is important with the 2-3 antennas that are in it. But the location of it isn't all that important. Manufacturers need to start looking at these vehicles and know they have built that so large that many people cant fit them in their garages and they should be looking at ways to make them smaller where they can.

I dont know if I will get to it this weekend as I have family coming or what not, but also there is a time in the next couple weeks when I will have some down time and I will definitely be doing it at that time if i dont get to it before hand.
Just wondering if you got around to this. I also need to look in to swapping my antenna if possible. I was wondering if the puck antenna on the 2500/3500 and 1500 classics 68328996AA will work for our 1500's. I think you lose cellular/gps but retain satellite. Idk for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread